I need help please!!!

I've Dieting in my own for the past week, I am currently nursing my 7month old. I lost 4lbs but have noticed a drop in my milk supply. I decided to down load this app to make sure I'm eating the necessary calories to loose weight but no to affect my milk supply. In order to reach my goal it says I have to eat 1200 calories daily...is there a way to add that I'm nursing a baby? How many more calories should I add to the 1200 per day? Thank you!

Replies

• jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    edited April 2015
    A sudden, large drop in your calorie intake can affect your milk supply, so don't go on a crash diet to lose weight quickly. If you're losing more than 1 pound a week after the first six weeks, that's a sign you need to take in more calories. Most women who are breastfeeding need about 500 calories more than moms who aren't, so i'd try 1800 and see how you get on, if you lose more than 2 pound after say a week on 1800 calories up your intake
  • Vanity0307
    Vanity0307 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you very much! Do you guys know how I can change my calorie intake on this app? From 1200 to 1800?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Vanity0307 wrote: »
    Thank you very much! Do you guys know how I can change my calorie intake on this app? From 1200 to 1800?

My Home -> Goals -> Change Goals -> Custom.
  • Vanity0307
    Vanity0307 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you!
  • JcBeans86
    JcBeans86 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. I'm also EBF my 6 week old baby and trying to lose 30lbs. Is there a way to add breastfeeding to my exercise for the day?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    JcBeans86 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm also EBF my 6 week old baby and trying to lose 30lbs. Is there a way to add breastfeeding to my exercise for the day?

I think so, I seem to remember someone mentioning that. It might be in the food database and give you negative calories if I remember correctly. So if your goal is 1200 and you add that to your diary, it makes it higher.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Add it to your food diary. Just search for it like a food.