I need advice plz

Options
I was doing great losing weight and now the scale is going up and down one day. Ill lose two lbs the out of no where says i gained like 4 lbs whats going on???

Replies

• pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Water weight and hormones.
  • BoxingLifestyle
    BoxingLifestyle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wouldnt the weight be at a normal range im the morning before any intake of anything?
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing your self every day. Your weights going to go up and down everyday. Weigh every week or month even.

Have you lowered the amount of calories to take into account your weight loss?
  • BoxingLifestyle
    BoxingLifestyle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh yes i actually need more but theres only so much i can eat lol
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That's perfectly normal. As long as you are maintaining a sustainable caloric deficit, the extra weight is just water and glycogen. Weight fluctuates multiple times a day, about 5 lbs up and down for me. Even if you weigh everyday, only count the weigh-ins you do every week, or every other week, or every month, you get the idea. That's the only way you'll see a difference, and even that might not be linear.
  • fitnesscosplayer
    fitnesscosplayer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I deal with this a lot, its probably like what a lot of people are saying water weight an hormones. Oh the joy of being a woman lol but I would go to weighing yourself weekly or even bi-weekly. At the same time each time you do it weighing yourself everyday will drive you crazy.
  • SmellyHippy
    SmellyHippy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Water weight and hormones.

This
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Wouldnt the weight be at a normal range im the morning before any intake of anything?

Not necessarily - it depends a lot on what you ate the previous day and how much water your body is holding. I've woken up weighing more in the morning than I do in the evening. There's no harm in knowing how your body reacts to food and how much your weight fluctuates etc., but don't let it get to you. It happens to everybody.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,757 Member
    Options
    www.weightrgrapher.com www.trendweight.com
    Both allow you to focus on the trend instead of the daily variations.
  • cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on what my last meal was on how heavy I am in the morning. Especially if it was on the saltier side! I weigh myself twice a week, at the beginning and midweek. The midweek one is either an uplifting moment if it shows a slight loss I know I am doing ok. If it hasn't moved or even moved slightly up, it motivates me to keep on track for the proper once a week official weigh in.
  • puja25
    puja25 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ditto happened to me as I like weighing myself everyday.
    cheezels83 wrote: »
    For me it depends on what my last meal was on how heavy I am in the morning. Especially if it was on the saltier side! I weigh myself twice a week, at the beginning and midweek. The midweek one is either an uplifting moment if it shows a slight loss I know I am doing ok. If it hasn't moved or even moved slightly up, it motivates me to keep on track for the proper once a week official weigh in.

I think I will try this , though its hard not to weigh myself everyday
  • puja25
    puja25 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ditto happened to me as I like weighing myself everyday.

I think I will try this , though its hard not to weigh myself everyday
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options

I also weigh daily. You need to be logical and understand a little bit about physiology. If I gain I know it's certainly not fat as I am eating at a calorie deficit and exercising. I trust CICO. A gain will motivate rather than upset me. a loss will spur me on to further losses.
    Op if weighing daily upsets your focus and upsets you, go to weekly. Otherwise accept that if you gain (providing you are 100% confident in your logging) it is just water weight and will come off when its ready.

I have been loosong and gaining the same 2lbs all week. Looking at my progress chart I expect it to be gone for good by this weekend!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

I also weigh daily. You need to be logical and understand a little bit about physiology. If I gain I know it's certainly not fat as I am eating at a calorie deficit and exercising. I trust CICO. A gain will motivate rather than upset me. a loss will spur me on to further losses.
    Op if weighing daily upsets your focus and upsets you, go to weekly. Otherwise accept that if you gain (providing you are 100% confident in your logging) it is just water weight and will come off when its ready.

I have been loosong and gaining the same 2lbs all week. Looking at my progress chart I expect it to be gone for good by this weekend!

I agree with all this. Weighing anything less than daily would drive me mad, precisely because of the fluctuations. How can you keep track of them or know if you're fluctuating if you don't weigh daily? I'll never understand the logic of weighing weekly myself, but I know it's better for some people, so if you think that would be better for you OP then switch to that.
  • scrittenden
    scrittenden Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but now have come to expect the random weight gains.. for instance I know if I eat pasta the evening before I will have magically gained 1-3lbs lol