Why am I so heavy?

Options

Replies

• KatieMusselwhite92113
    KatieMusselwhite92113 Posts: 98 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am a US size 4, 161 lbs at 5'0" tall. Try to picture that for a second lol. Everyone is different! I have a lot of muscle and higher than average bone density (medically confirmed) and I am cool with it. I'm still loosing but I know that my goal weight might be lighter than what will look good on me, and I don't care if I wind up maintaining with a higher weight. When you go out and about people don't ask you how much you weigh, they just see how you look. Your weight comes into play basically only at the doctors office unless you go around telling everyone you know, which I don't.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Really?

I've been saying that a lot lately....
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    You're denser than your friends. That's why.

Haha..
    I was thinking the same thing!

OP what does it matter? Do you walk around with a flashing neon sign above your head showing your weight?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Best. Comeback. Ever.

• fmw1985
    fmw1985 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You cannot compare yourself to your friends, as others have stated everyone is different. Also, if you have more muscle than they do, despite being the same size, you will weigh more. At my most fit I was 160lb and a US size 8. It can be deceiving, you just have to be happy with the way you feel.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Really?

really, really????
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if you are happy with your body shape, then why are you comparing yourself to others and wonder why they are smaller?????
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    One of my daughters is 5'6" and 140 and solid muscle. She looks tiny to the point people always think she's underweight and like 5'0" - she went to give blood and they wouldn't let her until she could prove she weighed more than 100lbs. We'll just say there were some very shocked people that day - a doctor and nurses amongst them. Every day people don't believe her either until they see her wearing something that shows her legs and/or arms.

Muscle looks better than fat and who cares what it weighs.
  • bb4886
    bb4886 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    At my smallest a couple of years ago i was a size 10 5'5 and 143lbs, Im big boned though so will always weigh heavier then my frien who is 5'7 125lbs and has a much smaller ribcage and hip bones than me.

I honestly dont care though, I dont care what I weigh, i care about how i look and as long as im happy with how i look when i get to my goal size (a uk 10) i couldnt care less how heavy I am - neither should you.......
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    If your friends give you crap about weighing heavier, even though you're at a healthy weight and happy with your body... umm... stop telling them how much you weigh.

The muscle thing is that you can have the exact same measurements as someone who has a higher fat:muscle ratio and you will weigh more as, by volume, a square inch of muscle will weigh more than a square inch of fat. Exhibit A:

fat.jpg

^^This picture all day. I'm of similar height and weight, and wore a BIGGER size at a lower weight in my young adult years. But...I'm leaner now--strength training changed my body composition (less fat, more muscle). That's a win in my book. Take it as a great accomplishment for yourself, too!
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're a black hole.
    Maybe you're a robot in a skin suit.
    Maybe your hair is made of lead.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    No can see the number on the scale but you; everyone can see how you look. The time in my life when I wore the smallest size clothing was also when I weighed the most, because I was a heavy-lifting fool and I was smokin' hot.

Look at this picture (all of the same woman) and pick the body you want: light on the left, lean (but heavier) on the right.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/evileen99/embed/story"></iframe&gt;
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

True on multiple levels. :|

Trolling for compliments much?

• mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm heavier than I look also. Must be a "Burgess" thing.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 143lbs (65kg) which I know isn't overweight as a size 8 (UK) that's all that should matter. But I'm the heaviest of all my friends and smaller than some, I do strength training 4 times a week and I am toned.
    OP, you're similar to my Sister (who is around your height and weight).
    She's a UK 8-10 and is quite muscular and toned.
    It's definitely because of your Muscle.
    Who cares if you're heavier than your friends...just be thankful you have a healthy body! ;)
    Just to add, your friends may be "small framed" - which could also explain why they are lighter.
  • Fattyblossom
    Fattyblossom Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I just spat my tea out onto my screen....
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    You must be heavy boned.
  • Wasatcher
    Wasatcher Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation with my friends. It's because they're not heavy, they're my bruthas.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This is a bit off topic but since OP has had her question answered . . .

Is it common to know what your friends weigh? I know what sizes my friends are but I have no idea what they weigh. Am I doing friendship wrong?