help

Options
Hi. Im just starting out im currently 14 stone and im 5 ft 5" i used to only be slim before having my son 4 years ago but lost all motivation to get back to my old size 10. Now im a size 16-18. Im going to majorca in 5 weeks and would really love to loose some weight. Any help and advice would be great thanks

Replies

• kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Get motivated. Only you can motivate yourself. And be patient. Five weeks isn't going to make a visible difference, so don't make that your goal or you will be disappointed.
  • ladyglamazon
    ladyglamazon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure your food, and enter it faithfully into MFP. Also, find an excerise that you enjoy. Do you have a pedometer? Wear it every day and make sure that you are getting your 10,000 steps. Make sustainable changes that you can stick with every day, from now until your trip, and afterwards. Good luck!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Five weeks is not a lot of time to lose a significant amount of weight. You might be able to push for 10lbs, or so, but even that might be a stretch considering you're not extremely overweight.

You should have started sooner.
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me for motivation and support. While you may not lose a huge amount of weight in 5 weeks you can get a heck of a start! Please don't be discouraged by what others tell you. Just set yourself a realistic 5 week goal and when you reach it set another until you get to where you want to be. 5 weeks is plenty of time to make a lifestyle change which will stick with you for the rest of your life!
    Weigh and measure your food, and enter it faithfully into MFP. Also, find an excerise that you enjoy. Do you have a pedometer? Wear it every day and make sure that you are getting your 10,000 steps. Make sustainable changes that you can stick with every day, from now until your trip, and afterwards. Good luck!

Also this! I have a fitbit and that sucker keeps me steppin'. My goal is to get 10,000 steps a day but having the friends I have on there and joining the challenges keeps me on the move!
  • MommaBear1977
    MommaBear1977 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for motivation and support. I can the challenges of staying motivated, as a mom, you need to start making yourself a priority, I'm just getting there after 10 years!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to make healthier choices. Find out how many calories MFP suggests you need daily and do your best to reach that target. I suggest a weekly loss of 1 to 1.5 lbs. You may drop a size before the holiday, maybe not. But at least you will be making better choices daily.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Understand that you are not going to be motivated 24/7. Nor do you need to be motivated to do what you need to do. Accept the fact that you will need to make healthier choices even when you don't feel like it or want to. I was super motivated when I first started out on MFP and little by little I was getting bored or I would make up some excuse to not go to the gym or justify eating something that would put me past my calorie limits. You just have to accept the fact that you will need to make certain sacrifices or do things you don't want to do to get to where you want to be and to achieve your goal. Just keep on keeping on, and you will get to where you want to be.
  • Mobius71
    Mobius71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to not post a non-success story in a board called "Success Stories".
  • kaylverity
    kaylverity Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right thanks some of the support and advice. Cannot stand been critised by some people so im just gonna this app and not bother with it. Cheers guys
  • nancypnurse
    nancypnurse Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Kaylverity, you ARE a success story. Some people are just jerks. Yes, it may take a while to take the weight off. Love yourself the way you are-- a strong, beautiful Mom. Make a plan, and do your best to stick with it. Don't beat yourself up when you slip. That is life. Just hop back on that horse, and keep galloping (and enjoy the wind in your hair!) :) Good luck with your healthier lifestyle
  • kaylverity
    kaylverity Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kaylverity, you ARE a success story. Some people are just jerks. Yes, it may take a while to take the weight off. Love yourself the way you are-- a strong, beautiful Mom. Make a plan, and do your best to stick with it. Don't beat yourself up when you slip. That is life. Just hop back on that horse, and keep galloping (and enjoy the wind in your hair!) :) Good luck with your healthier lifestyle

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!