Gaining weight problem

Options
alright so a few weeks ago I started to trying to gain weight. I've looked into a few ways to gain weight but sadly I've actually lost weight just a few pounds nothing much but I'm just not sure why I've lost weight.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough.

Pretty straight forward.

eat more.

Are you tracking your calories now?- You're diary is closed so cant' offer pointers on that- but ultimately if you are trying to gain and you aren't- then you aren't eating enough.

so eat more.
  • LeoL87
    LeoL87 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    try eating the same amount of calories that are already consuming plus add a weight Gainer shake on top of those calories every other day.

my favorite weigh Gainer is
    Optimum Nutrition
    Serious Mass Chocolate

make sure you work out while taking the weight gainer.

It really helped me gain some body mass. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    are you using a food scale? Maybe you are over estimating calories?

but yes, if you are not gaining then you need to eat more….
  • rontafoya
    rontafoya Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Lift weights (go hard), eat more. Most of us wish we had your problem. I did as a teenager. I miss pizza and ice cream.
  • alimonster14
    alimonster14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Pretty straight forward.

eat more.

Are you tracking your calories now?- You're diary is closed so cant' offer pointers on that- but ultimately if you are trying to gain and you aren't- then you aren't eating enough.

so eat more.

Frankly I eat a lot I have a extremely high metabolism. Which is my biggest problem.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    are you using a food scale?
  • alimonster14
    alimonster14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not really
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    How much is "a lot". It's probably less than you think and, clearly, less than your surplus number.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Not really

not really, what?
  • JoRocka
    edited April 2015
    Options

Pretty straight forward.

eat more.

so eat more.

Frankly I eat a lot I have a extremely high metabolism. Which is my biggest problem.

1.) you don't know how much you actually ARE eating if you aren't using a scale and tracking and
    2.) I don't care how fast your high metabolism is- if you aren't gaining- you aren't eating enough.
    eat higher calorie foods. Ice cream- beer- oreos- pizza- bagels. Just eat more.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Pretty straight forward.

eat more.

so eat more.

Hi, I have a high metabolism myself and the only way around was, as stated by everyone above, was to eat more and reduce whatever cardio you do to just one short 30 minute session a week. Honestly weigh everything though and correctly put it into MFP as you are only fooling yourself if you aren't. Pick a calorie level, reach it or go a bit above everyday. Still losing, increase it even more and keep doing so until the weight stops going down. Had to do this myself.
  • lilygarcia3
    lilygarcia3 Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ryu8719 wrote: »
    try eating the same amount of calories that are already consuming plus add a weight Gainer shake on top of those calories every other day.

Optimum Nutrition
    Serious Mass Chocolate

What kind of work outs do you suggest?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Pretty straight forward.

eat more.

so eat more.

How many calories do you think you are eating, do you have an active job and how long do you workout daily? And have you ever had your metabolism tested or that a perception?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    ryu8719 wrote: »

Optimum Nutrition
    Serious Mass Chocolate

What kind of work outs do you suggest?

any progressive loading lifting program
    starting strength
    strong lifts
    new rules of lifting
    ice cream fitness
    wendlers (if you have any experience- which I'm assuming you don't)