Shampoo daily?

Options
For those who work out every day, and like me, between the sweat and the product from previous day CAN'T go without washing, what shampoo do you guys use so your hair doesn't over dry. I'm a "decided" blonde so it's got to be gentle.

Replies

• Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I wash after each work out, every day. I don't dye my hair, and use Marc Anthony frizz formulated shampoo/conditioner. Keeps my long hair shiny and silky!
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using dry shampoo? I work out every day and use styling products at least five times a week, and I'm currently training my hair to only shampoo once a week. (because shampoos are so hard on hair and scalp) - It can be done by almost anyone with any hair type (and especially so for short hair folks like yourself)... it takes consistency and dedication, but once you get there, it's awesome.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I just use a sulfate free conditioner, but my hair is super - stupidly - curly and I can't shampoo everyday, anyway. (I'd end up looking like a Q-tip...)
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I sweat tons, but don't have a lot of hair. I use a cleansing conditioner on the days that I don't shampoo.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I use Suave's version of Moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner. I'm also a "decided" blonde with short hair. This works well for me without breaking the bank.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    verymissk wrote: »
    Have you tried using dry shampoo? I work out every day and use styling products at least five times a week, and I'm currently training my hair to only shampoo once a week. (because shampoos are so hard on hair and scalp) - It can be done by almost anyone with any hair type (and especially so for short hair folks like yourself)... it takes consistency and dedication, but once you get there, it's awesome.

I haven't tried the dry shampoo. I get a trial size and see :)
  • lauracups
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I plan on getting in the pool a lot and worried about it getting green too!
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If you are a decided blonde you should try a purple shampoo. I've added blonde to my hair and that's the first thing my cousin/hair dresser said to go pick up.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I wash with Giovanni Smooth As Silk once a week. On 4 days I wash with Suave Naturals conditioner (not shampoo) and on 2 days I just deep condition with Shea Moisture Smooth & Repair Nourishing Hair Masque.
  • lauracups
    Options
    dbienz wrote: »
    If you are a decided blonde you should try a purple shampoo. I've added blonde to my hair and that's the first thing my cousin/hair dresser said to go pick up.

Is there a specific brand?
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just use a sulfate free conditioner, but my hair is super - stupidly - curly and I can't shampoo everyday, anyway. (I'd end up looking like a Q-tip...)

It's sulphate free shampoo you need, most conditioners are sulphate free anyway as the sulphates are the things that lather up and clean your hair. Companies have just started putting "sulphate free" on conditioner bottles to jump on a bandwagon and perhaps try to get a little bit extra money out of you by making you think you're buying something special, even though there were never any sulphates in it in the first place.

Having said all of that, my hair and scalp is much happier with sulphate free everything.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I don't shampoo on days I weight train because my scalp doesn't sweat much. On those days I blow dry my hair after the gym then apply a dry shampoo.

On run days I have to wash so I use a cleansing conditioner like Wen or Hair One. Amazing stuff if you use it correctly.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I don't shampoo every day...even if I work out. It dries my hair out. If my head gets very sweaty I will just rinse and condition...that works very well for me.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies! I plan on getting in the pool a lot and worried about it getting green too!

Green hair comes from a copper based algecide in the water. A properly maintained and chlorinated pool will not cause any green hair.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I second the sulphate free recommendation. I went sulphate free, and for some stupid reason bought a bottle of Matrix and my hair is NOT happy at all.

You might try a cleansing conditioner - they work well for me.
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    dbienz wrote: »

Is there a specific brand?

I use Redken! I also don't wash my hair every day. I wash it every 3-ish days and use dry shampoo after runs/sweaty lifting sessions on the other days. I also try to use hats/headbands as often as possible to absorb sweat so I only have to really worry about my hair line.
  • lauracups
    Options

Green hair comes from a copper based algecide in the water. A properly maintained and chlorinated pool will not cause any green hair.[/quote]

Cool, good to know!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I shampoo pretty much every day.

at the gym, after a workout i use an all in one (i think i just bought an herbal essences one today for the gym), at home i use separate shampoo and conditioner.

as far as brand goes.... whatever. i switch them up- aussie, tressemme and another i cant think of the name of are my go-to's. affordable-can find it everywhere and works for me (i dont heat style or color or use product in my hair though- people who do might have different issues and need something 'better' i guess LOL)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    How about a baby shampoo? Nice and gentle, does my hair ok.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would use a cap in the pool, especially if you're doing it daily. The chlorine may not turn your hair green, but I'm sure it won't be nice to your color.

As far as dry shampoo, herbal essences makes a cheap one and I was shocked that it works wonderfully. And I have thick, curly hair. Always looks shiny and smells nice, without making it too flat. Plus it doesn't get the buildup that a lot of other dry shampoos tend to cause.