Question for tall girls.. How much do you weigh?

Options
124»

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9". I felt and looked my best when I was in the 135-140 range. I am well past that now but working to get down to 145-150. In December, I weighed 210 pounds. Today, I weighed in at 187.7.
  • ivoluntas
    ivoluntas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'7'' and I am at 135. I am debating whether to even do 125 because I am already starting to look pretty thin. For your height 120's seems too low. Below 120 for me is considered underweight so I imagine being in the 120's for you would be. I would definitely suggest measuring and getting your body fat percentage evaluated. Some people appear to be thin but have high body fat. I was one of those "skinny fat" people before I started lifting. I think as long as you are healthy then you should do what makes you happy.
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft and 155# , only 2# away from my goal of 153# but to be honest I think I will change my GW to 140-147 because I still have some fat in certain areas that I want rid of. Or maybe I'll do some body recomp too? (I think that's what it's called! I've got to do some reading haha God help me)
    I'm keeping my goals quiet around my family now because they all have opinions on what I should and shouldn't weigh. On hearing I'd lost 32# , rather than congratulating me, my mother in law told me it was disgusting. Gee thanks,,, a bit harsh!

• mamabear1114
    mamabear1114 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body structure. My aunt is probably identical weight and dimensions as you, and she looks good at her weight. I am the same height, have larger muscles/bone structure, and if I get below 160 I start to look sickly. Everyone is different! :)
  • notfbam
    notfbam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't look awful :( I do know I have a small frame because my wrist is 4 inches. My arms are 9 and my thighs are about 19 inches. The last place I lose weight is my stomach and sides and those are the only places I have any weight left to lose so I want to lose them. I'm ok with the rest of my body and if I could stay 134 and have a waist two inches smaller I'd be happy.. I just don't know if that's possible
    What if something came up and you were unable to ever lose anymore weight??? You ve said if you lost more you would be "happy"---but from reading your posts it sounds like you're basing your happiness on a certain number on the scale or measuring tape. Didnt you say you were a runner? Your body needs fuel and your reserves for running and for recovery. Plus if you start training to firm/tone up you will increase your weight just a bit even though you may actually be getting leaner. Please dont obsess with a number on a scale/ tape measure and wether other girls are thinner than you---be healty, strong, and fit!
    PS if your parents are sensible people they might be right (they frequently are).
    Heres to wishing you the best!!!!

• Needtobeonthebeach
    Needtobeonthebeach Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Stepherz- I feel like since most people are incredibly overweight that most people's view of what is "healthy" is distorted. The average American woman is like a size 14 or something now. In my moms day and age, average was size 6 or size 8 and those sizes meant different things in the 70s and 80s. My mom due to a surgery and medical condition is slightly overweight now that she has hit her 50s. She always says I look too thin. I could be overweight and she would say I look good and "skinny". I think it's best to base off your opinion and possibly consider some opinions of some of your in shape friends ( not too skinny but not overweight friends either). I used to think the reason that bigger people said such mean things about my natural weight was jealousy but now I realize it's a misunderstanding. They just don't know how bodies are supposed to look to be healthy because they've always been overweight. At 6' I imagine almost no one relates to you because you're so tall. I get that and I'm 3 inches shorter. Short girls are supposed to weigh 100 and were supposed to be in the mid 100s (150 ish) but my body never lets me get there. Never weighed over 140 in my life and I've been this tall since the 6th grade lol. Sigh. And to the girl who said something about anorexia- I have a thyroid problem that Keeps me this size. I was considering taking meds but I'm putting it off because the meds have really bad side effects that other hyperthyroid sufferers I know have told me about. I'm just trying to cut back on caffeine and to eat enough calories! The opposite of anorexia lol
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Options
    Not that I don't want to drop 5 lbs cuz I do! But I am reevaluating my goals and aiming for 125 lbs and after I will start bulking and adding muscle til I get to 130 but with 5 lbs added solid muscle
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Thryroid meds tend to have very minimal side effects, if any.

If you have hypo or hyperthyroidism, you MUST be on the appropriate medications. Not taking them can cause all kinds of other really horrible problems.

What are your doctors saying that you should do?
  • spomaney
    spomaney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my starting weight was 194.6 lbs. I am now currently at 174.6 (woot woot) and fitting in most size 10s... although my thighs make it a slight struggle lol.

My current goal is 150 to be followed by heavy weights to tone up, or at least thats the plan.
  • nancr2000
    nancr2000 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5'11" and 171lbs. I feel best when I'm about 155, but that gets difficult to maintain as I get older. I think I was in the 125-130s throughout high school. Gained weight in college to around 160. I flirted with an eating disorder and remember getting down to 130. I remember thinking I should try for 125, but I saw a picture of myself and realized I was too thin. I look at those pictures now and realize I was a stick.

No judgement on the OP, just offering my info. She must be small framed, because my wrist is 5.25" (just measured it) and I thought I was small framed.
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Options
    No judgment taken. 5'11 is very different than 5'9. While maybe you looked too thin, I am two inches shorter than you so it's a big difference on me
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    edited April 2015
    Options