What made you pick your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• emuhawk
    emuhawk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I originally tried to pick the middle of my healthy BMI range, which for me (5'10") is 151 (old formula) or 155 (new formula). Unfortunately on my body this puts me somewhere between a 6 and an 8 in most pants, which drives me nuts. So I'm trying to take it a little lower until clothes are fitting more comfortably.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I chose to aim for the lowest weight I have been at in my adult life. I remember how great I felt physically and how much I liked my body. I was 22 at the time so we will see if a mid 40's body can reach that target. (I'm betting it can) It is still about 30 pounds over ideal but I am pretty muscular so it is a reasonable goal. Once I get there we will see if I decide to st0p or keep going.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My new goal is slightly higher than what my pre-pregnancy weight was. I felt good and had more physical stamina. I'm hoping to reach that goal and then I may set a new goal to lose a little more. I think one goal at a time will help me stay motivated better.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    The lightest I can recall being as an adult was the 70kg I was in January 2011. So I chose 65kg, because I wasn't quite happy with myself at 70 and 65 is in the middle of my healthy weight range (173cm). Mind you, I've now come to the conclusion that I had a skewed image of myself at 70kg, so that's my re-assessment point.
  • eboniivoried
    eboniivoried Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Healthy BMI range for my height is 160-180lbs. My goal is 180 because losing 60lbs is less frightening than 80lbs. Lol. I figured I can always adjust my goal at 180. ☺
  • melanie899
    melanie899 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I picked it because I thought it was a weight I could live with and achieve. My 'healthy range' is lower, but I just look at that as a secondary goal when I get to the first one :)
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is great - thank you all for sharing.
    I'm 5'6'' and goal is 155 - Something I have been before and felt good - without being over ambitious. We'll see how I feel when I get there. 137 was my adult low (after dropping 70lbs) but that was a little too much to maintain and feel good. (HA clearly since I'm here at 177!)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I googled "healthy weight" and looked up my height and frame size, then picked the highest number in the range. I might move to mid-range someday, but I'd be thrilled to just not be overweight.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    125 because it is within a healthy BMI for me.
  • msjackiemorgan
    msjackiemorgan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Was it by choosing a particular BMI, or a weight you've been in the past which you felt good at?

Or did you choose a weight to see how you felt when you reached it, and then decide if you wanted to lose anymore?

• msjackiemorgan
    msjackiemorgan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I chose mine at a weight I weighed about 7 yrs ago. I felt good about myself at that weight. I've gained 40 lbs would love to lose 50
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is what I weighed when I first thought I was fat.
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and started at 213lbs and at my height the highest I should weigh is 140. I haven't weighed anything close to that since being an adult and I didn't want to choose something that was too out of reach. So I choose 140 so I can technically be healthy but not to obsessive.... When I get there maybe I'll readjust but who knows?!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Weight I've felt good at before.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    5'7", currently around 137, gw: 135
    My original goal was 120 but I feel pretty okay with myself and would rather focus on a recomp
  • Fatrick011
    Fatrick011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggested a goal weight for me but knowing I never weighed that little even after Marine boot camp I added 20 lbs and here I go.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I chose a range. I read somewhere on here not to pick one number but to pick a range. Your weight fluctuates everyday sometimes 3/4 lbs so I chose 130-134. Once I get to 134 I will be thrilled.
    I chose that range based on how I have looked in the lower 130's. Im a size 6 and feel that I look pretty good there.
    I am 11 lbs from getting there and have lost 14lbs so far!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    My goal weight I think is the high end of the healthy bmi.

Was really just a guess and might be revised when I get closer.

My goal wait is a weight I don't remember. I think the last time I was that weight or even close to it would be early 2000s when I was in year 8-10
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I used the Dukan diet website to come up with my ideal weight. It takes into account how many diets I've been on, what my heaviest was, and other factors
  • Jiveli85
    Jiveli85 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 female and I'm shooting for 115. I'm currently at 120 and it seems the last few pounds are the toughest. At my skinniest I was 110 and I looked anorexic for my small/medium build, so 115 should be a good weight.