Contacts...yes or no?

Options
kelefeb
kelefeb Posts: 3 Member
I wear glasses & have been attending regular bootcamp classes. During bootcamp, I end up taking my glasses off because I am dripping with sweat, they get in the way & often fog up. So, I would like to know, from anyone out there that wears contacts if there are any issues that you have experienced in working out when wearing contacts. Does sweat get under them & cause problems? Have they fallen out when working out? Tired of being blind when working out, but don't want new issues without a bit of feedback. Thx!

Replies

• CiclistaVal
    CiclistaVal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When sweat gets into your eye its a little annoying. If you have eye drops you'll be fine. In areas of high humidity it's sometimes a problem with contacts fogging up. Also, wearing them for more than 8 hours have been uncomfortable for me. I say try a box to see if you like it.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I prefer to workout in my contacts for your exact reason with glasses. I have no issues with working out in contacts at all! Even with sweat down my face, I somehow don't have an issue with it going into my eyes.

I also don't like being blind working out, so contacts are great. Contacts shouldn't fall out if they suction properly to your eyes.
  • CiclistaVal
    CiclistaVal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You can show off your awesome-est pair of shades too. 8)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I've worn contacts since junior high. Only wear my glasses when I get up to find my contacts.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Bucky83 wrote: »
    I prefer to workout in my contacts for your exact reason with glasses. I have no issues with working out in contacts at all! Even with sweat down my face, I somehow don't have an issue with it going into my eyes.

I also don't like being blind working out, so contacts are great. Contacts shouldn't fall out if they suction properly to your eyes.

This is important right here. Make sure to get contacts that fit your eyes well. You should be able to look up without them feeling loose or falling out. I've gotten sweat in my eye now and then but that would happen with my glasses too. :smile: With the right fitting contacts, they'll stay in just fine.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I wear my contacts wi

Wearing glasses they get in the way, fog up, or fall off doing push ups and mountain climbers. The last thing I want to do is break them. So much easier wearing contacts and I prefer it.

• techgal128
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sarasari wrote: »
    I wear my contacts wi

Wearing glasses they get in the way, fog up, or fall off doing push ups and mountain climbers. The last thing I want to do is break them. So much easier wearing contacts and I prefer it.

Plus you don't have to ride roller coasters and have to worry about your glasses flying off!

(Seriously, it's awesome)

Now back to the subject!
  • Nebless
    Nebless Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Only problem I had when I wore contacts was if I was outside in dusty or very windy conditions. They can dry out or get very gritty feeling then.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't need glasses to work out until I try to read the clock for time. Contacts for sure.
  • kelefeb
    kelefeb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, to all. Shopping for contacts is in my future
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I had lasik. Best. Decision. Ever.
  • WebFootFreak
    WebFootFreak Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1 more for contacts. I got tired of swimming blind plus biking and running without shades sucks during the day. Sweat in the eyes hasn't been an issue for me either. The only downside I've come across is when I was swimming in the Cumberland River for the Riverbluff Tri last year... I really wish I had been blind because it was nasty...
  • techgal128
    Options

I'm so envious of you. I can't ever get Lasik due to my constantly changing eyesight and dry eyes. LAME!
  • Lisajohnston
    Lisajohnston Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I prefer contacts when working out. I don't have any problems, wind can dry them out if outside but drops generally do the trick if that happens. I don't have a problem with sweat in my eyes. No differently anyway then with no contacts in my eyes. I have never experienced fogging up of contacts. I have worn them for 15 years. Make sure they fit well or they will annoy you. Different brands fit differently. Get a free trial to see if you like them.
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

Ditto