I turned down donuts

Options
Katsmith17
Katsmith17 Posts: 38 Member
I was at work today and a few people know about my new commitment to lose weight. A friend brought in donuts and invited me to get desk to offer me donuts. She meant no harm but thank goodness, I am still focused. I showed her my bag of 100 calorie popcorn and said no more donuts. I was proud of myself. I have a new nickname for her, "donut girl."

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    .........best feel good story of 2015 right here.
  • Katsmith17
    Options
    Thanks
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well done! chips (Crisp) are my danger food - it's always hard to resist something you love and turn it down.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Most Excellent!

Somehow I managed to actually eat only a serving of cookies the other day when I opened them. (3 cookies) -- So I understand how big a victory these things can be..
  • usernameenvy
    usernameenvy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Its always hard to say no when things are getting shared out at work ! well done !!!
  • LeeAnn254
    LeeAnn254 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    i would eat the donut and not think twice about it.

But good for you, anyway!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hmm I would have just ate the donut, or just said no. Why does the co worker need a nickname for being nice? You plan on never eating donuts again?
  • Katsmith17
    Options
    It was all in fun. My coworker and I are good friends. We were all laughing about it. The point is that I was able to resist the temptation. Maybe not always but yesterday I had a victory.
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! I too have a coworker that loves the donuts, she brought some in today. I walked up to the box, opened it, took a whiff and closed it back. Went to the lunchroom and made my turkey bacon, egg on sugar free whole grain bread. So yes, great victory, I know how it is.
  • Purplepinapple
    Purplepinapple Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work in a medical office and patients are always bringing in treats. Someone brought in Tim Bits today. (Like doughnut holes) and those are one of my weaknesses. I refilled my water and walked out of the kitchen without ANY! Not today, SATAN, not today!!
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I have a very, very hard time saying no to doughnuts!!
  • Rositawurst
    Rositawurst Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are my hero!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I would totally turn down doughnuts...

... for a Snickers bar.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Donuts were my weakness until I figured out I am allergic to gluten. Now they are easier to resist, but I'm still tempted to lick the frosting off of it. LOL
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I remember my first thanks but no thanks moment and it was then I knew I could totally do this. It will get easier to say no too :)
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Yeah my client has folks who love donuts - they have contests once/while on best donut shop and bring in dozens from different shops. They eat donuts at least once/week from any shop really. I do not eat them. If I did, I would eat all of them. I would buy the shop and then make my own being a former chocolatier has its advantages if I ever want to go back to that kind of life I guess.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Remember.....there will ALWAYS be a donut you can get....but you only have one life - save your splurge for when you REALLY want a donut, not because it's THERE! Good job.
  • tlh665
    tlh665 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are maple bacon donuts sitting in our break room right now (I think I can smell them)..... I have to keep reminding myself that I would really rather have a couple of glasses of wine tonight.
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am shocked that there arent any IIFYMers in here saying to fit the donut into your calories. I think this story is a true testament that some people dont view foods as being bad or what not....its just those great tasting foods are triggers for people, like myself. This is why we have to supplement for "healthier" things to train our minds to think healthier.

Good job on not eating the donut!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!