I need to get rid of my flabby arms!

Any suggestions for the best way to do this? I've lost almost 20 pounds and I haven't noticed as much of a difference as I'd like. Help!

Replies

• kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Get lifting / strength training! It's made a huge difference to my arms, they're no longer flabby and are now nice and toned and defined.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Congratulations on your success to date!

The bad news: You cannot spot reduce, so if you still have fat you’d like to lose, continue to eat on a calorie deficit and you’ll lose fat in the proportion you were genetically designed to.

The good news: You can change your body composition and make your entire body look better (including your arms). All you need to do is lift heavy weights. This will build strength (while you’re on a calorie deficit and once you provide a little more food, start building muscle. There are two programs I recommend for women to start: New Rules of Lifting for Women and Stronglifts. Both focus around compound movements, low to moderate reps, and as heavy as you can with good form. Pick one that resonates with you and get lifting.