What is the deal with Slimming World weight loss??

Options
13»

Replies

• RobynKinnaird
    RobynKinnaird Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's the energy density of foods. They are eating & filling up on lots of speed probably (fruit & veg) which is lowest in energy density thus very low in cals.
    There is an image of s plate of steak pie, chips & peas with a = then 3 meals Sw style (a curry, steak & things & something else) these 3 plates equated to that 1 plate. So by eating the right amount of food you are getting more for your cals
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Its the people losing between 3 and 10 lbs a week that gets me...i shouldn't compare, slow and steady is better etc etc but...seriously
    It's more than likely water weight.

It's the energy density of foods. They are eating & filling up on lots of speed probably (fruit & veg) which is lowest in energy density thus very low in cals.
    There is an image of s plate of steak pie, chips & peas with a = then 3 meals Sw style (a curry, steak & things & something else) these 3 plates equated to that 1 plate. So by eating the right amount of food you are getting more for your cals

A steak... pie? What is that abomination?
  • RobynKinnaird
    RobynKinnaird Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that was a joke ha.
    I eat steak pie every week but make it healthier & still lose weight. You can lose 4lb every week with slimming world if you commit 100%
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I never heard of that. Doesn't sound appetizing to me.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Steak pie is a British food staple! It is basically a rich beef casserole with lots of gravy topped with pastry. I is not literally a grilled sirloin in a pie.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Its the people losing between 3 and 10 lbs a week that gets me...i shouldn't compare, slow and steady is better etc etc but...seriously
    It's more than likely water weight.

A steak... pie? What is that abomination?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_pie

It is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's an integral macro in the Aussie diet. :D
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    JoRumbles wrote: »
    Steak pie is a British food staple! It is basically a rich beef casserole with lots of gravy topped with pastry. I is not literally a grilled sirloin in a pie.

TOPPED!

No, no, no no.

A proper steak/steak & kidney/cheese & onion pie should always be encased, never topped.

Topping is a way for 'gastropubs' to use less pastry and increase profit.

pkl7b1ttkvf6.jpg