Meal tips wanted

Options
maryk_100
maryk_100 Posts: 1 Member
Hello! Looking for some meal tips. Managed to lose 5 stone so far and want to lose another 2. Would appriciate any tips!!! Thank you in advance

Replies

• MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Always pre log food!
  • tdillabo
    tdillabo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    maryk_100 wrote: »
    Hello! Looking for some meal tips. Managed to lose 5 stone so far and want to lose another 2. Would appriciate any tips!!! Thank you in advance

Wow, well done MaryK...I think you should be giving me tips on how to do it LOL...I have just been at this two weeks (2nd weigh in tomorrow night) and I started with 12 stone to lose, I have lost 5lbs so far "woo hoo" LOL You're an inspiration, great job :smiley:

• JuliaHaleFitness
    JuliaHaleFitness Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1) Focus on protein and veggies! Fill up your plate with those.
    2) Cook healthy options on a night you have free time so you always have a healthy food to grab
    3) Drink tons of water and cut out caloric drinks (including alcohol!)
    4) Eat a healthy breakfast--if you start your day out like a rock star you are on track all day
  • drivenbonkers
    drivenbonkers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I keep a container of diced celery, onion, red, green orange and yellow pepper in the fridge. each batch yields about 14 cups of mix.

That's a lot of good eating, and the mix lasts well in the fridge for the whole week.

One cup of this mix is equal to 50-ish calories, and can be used for any meal, raw or cooked.

Add an egg or two, it's an omlette, added to some canned mixed beans it's a bean salad, tossed in with mixed greens and cucumber and tomato it's a side salad, added to a bit of leftover meat or rice it's a stir-fry.

Having it on hand makes meal prep very simple.
  • BreR7906
    BreR7906 Posts: 47 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I keep a container of diced celery, onion, red, green orange and yellow pepper in the fridge. each batch yields about 14 cups of mix.

That's a lot of good eating, and the mix lasts well in the fridge for the whole week.

One cup of this mix is equal to 50-ish calories, and can be used for any meal, raw or cooked.

Add an egg or two, it's an omlette, added to some canned mixed beans it's a bean salad, tossed in with mixed greens and cucumber and tomato it's a side salad, added to a bit of leftover meat or rice it's a stir-fry.

Having it on hand makes meal prep very simple.

I absolutely LOVE this idea! I may just have to start doing it as well. ;)