21 Day Fix & T25

Options
Any one with good stories or comments about using either of the two programs?

Replies

• jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I don't have any experience with 21 Day Fix, but I have done T25, and it's a pretty damn good workout.
    Pretty much any serious workout by Shaun T (not his hokey dance programs) will kick your *kitten*.

I recommend getting the full set (Alpha, Beta, Gamma). I say this because Gamma is the pinnacle of the T25 workout. Alpha gets easy real fast, and Beta is good enough without being overly challenging. Gamma is where the gauntlet is thrown and *kitten* gets real.
  • summerleigh76
    summerleigh76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've done both and they are both great. I'm actually thinking about doing T25 again.
  • FITN3SS_CHIC
    FITN3SS_CHIC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't have any experience with 21 Day Fix, but I have done T25, and it's a pretty damn good workout.
    Pretty much any serious workout by Shaun T (not his hokey dance programs) will kick your *kitten*.

I recommend getting the full set (Alpha, Beta, Gamma). I say this because Gamma is the pinnacle of the T25 workout. Alpha gets easy real fast, and Beta is good enough without being overly challenging. Gamma is where the gauntlet is thrown and *kitten* gets real.

Right now im doing the Alpha phase. Week 3 and i follow the nutrition on the 21 day fix but im almost getting bored. I have only lost 1.3 lbs and my clothes are fitting loosely but i getting real bored or annoyed that im not loosing more
  • 5hoodie
    5hoodie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 1st round of 21 day fix. I lost 1.5 inches on my waist, 1 inch off my chest and 2lbs. My clothes do fit better and my butt is definitely smaller. I am going to switch to using mfp for the next 3 weeks but still doing 30 min workouts each day. I like Autumn's videos but I have also been checking out videos from the library and mixing them in 1 or 2x a week. Helps to not get so bored. Good luck!
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    These are my results from after completing Alpha and Beta. I was mid way through Gamma and came down with tonsillitis so I feel like I will have lost a lot of muscle mass this past week so I'm kind of bummed my Gamma results won't be what they should have been when I finish it now. It's a great program though.

8u2dulhxrz1x.jpg
    multvtwoveov.jpg
    ki9h2eygu1tg.jpg
  • luminajd
    luminajd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Your results are awesome cocobongo!
    I would love to have loose clothes after only 3 weeks! Keep going! But I have tried 21 Day Fix and REALLY like it, it would be a great way to shake things up.
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I did the 21 day fix and loved it. I've done three rounds of it. The first round I lost 10 pounds and 2 inches. The second and third rounds I wasn't as committed to the workouts, so I lost 6 more pounds combine during those rounds. The biggest tip I would give is make sure you plan your meals and grocery shop ahead of time.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love T25. I completed it last year, and decided to do it again this year. I haven't seen great results, mainly because my eating isn't right on track. But I love the workouts and do it everyday. It's the only one of these programs that I've actually completed.
  • Teona21027633
    Teona21027633 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you log T25 work outs?
  • FITN3SS_CHIC
    Options
    cocobongo wrote: »
    These are my results from after completing Alpha and Beta. I was mid way through Gamma and came down with tonsillitis so I feel like I will have lost a lot of muscle mass this past week so I'm kind of bummed my Gamma results won't be what they should have been when I finish it now. It's a great program though.

8u2dulhxrz1x.jpg
    multvtwoveov.jpg
    ki9h2eygu1tg.jpg

OMG
  • FITN3SS_CHIC
    Options
    How do you log T25 work outs?
    Unfortunately i dont but i think im going to get the Polar FT4 watch to count my calories
  • FITN3SS_CHIC
    Options
    I'm currently wrapping up the first month of the original insanity and I've had such great results with it that I'm going to try out Shaun T's other programs, T25 being one of them. From what I understand, T25 has very similar moves to insanity but the workouts are shorter. It's an extremely intense workout so i have to believe that they work.

I tried doing insanity but it was two long and hard on my knees, but it was really the 1 hr workout that was getting to me but im gonna try insanity max:30
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm currently wrapping up the first month of the original insanity and I've had such great results with it that I'm going to try out Shaun T's other programs, T25 being one of them. From what I understand, T25 has very similar moves to insanity but the workouts are shorter. It's an extremely intense workout so i have to believe that they work.
    T25 will be a step back from Insanity. You'll want to go to Insanity Max30!
  • tlh68
    tlh68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I previously tried the 21 day fix... I don't think it is as hard on the joints as T25 if you are just starting out. My friend did the T25 and said it bothered her ankles and knees.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Right now im doing the Alpha phase. Week 3 and i follow the nutrition on the 21 day fix but im almost getting bored. I have only lost 1.3 lbs and my clothes are fitting loosely but i getting real bored or annoyed that im not loosing more

3 weeks in and you're annoyed that you've lost 1.3 pounds, but your clothes are fitting loosely?
    Your expectations are in the wrong place. You should place little value in the number on the scale, and more value on the measurement of your body (as seen by how your clothes are fitting).

As an example, I previously did Insanity (another Shaun T workout), and it is balls-to-the-wall compared to T25. After my 2nd and 3rd week, I gained weight............yes, that's right, gained. Not much, but about 2 pounds.

Had I been annoyed, I would have quit. I kept going and pushing on, and eventually I started losing at a steady pace, but well before the scale started going down, I was already noticing changes in my body and the fitting of my clothes.
  • justinenh
    justinenh Posts: 30 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

3 weeks in and you're annoyed that you've lost 1.3 pounds, but your clothes are fitting loosely?
    Your expectations are in the wrong place. You should place little value in the number on the scale, and more value on the measurement of your body (as seen by how your clothes are fitting).

As an example, I previously did Insanity (another Shaun T workout), and it is balls-to-the-wall compared to T25. After my 2nd and 3rd week, I gained weight............yes, that's right, gained. Not much, but about 2 pounds.

Had I been annoyed, I would have quit. I kept going and pushing on, and eventually I started losing at a steady pace, but well before the scale started going down, I was already noticing changes in my body and the fitting of my clothes.

good to keep in mind Jeremy - thanks! You were probably gaining muscle which I believe weighs more than fat. Then the muscle burns more calories than fat in the long run.