NSV!! but also advice needed!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Belts. And bargain shopping for the ESSENTIALS you have to replace.

^^ This. I've been stringing my pants along for as long as I can, but it's getting to the point where even with a belt some of my pants are a bit ridiculous. Starting to look like MC Hammer-related pants! :laugh: Plus, some of my belts are way too big now!! 50 lbs down and about 50 to go, I can't afford a whole new wardrobe, but I've had to buy decently fitting pants every 6 months or so. Shirts can be worn longer, though I have a few that are starting to look kind of silly (my nicer button-up work shirts).
  • Happy_endings
    Options
    yeah.. safety pins and thrift store seems ideal.. I got a cheap sewing machine at a yard sale couple months ago.. I thought maybe I can play around with that?! Im not too talented but meh..

Im not worried about work because I have scrubs and I will just keep pulling my drawstring tighter n tighter. The tops I'm alil more worried about but I will just wear a shirt underneath them if they start getting baggy.. I dont want an accident at work lol

But the thought of getting rid of my clothes is kinda overwhelming me. Atleast my feet wont lose weight and I can keep all my shoes... right?!... please dont say ppl have lost shoe sizes! lol
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can get things tailored as well for cheap at a tailor store in the mall.. I have never done it, but I know a few people that have.. And when you get to your goal weight, buy good quality items that you can get tailored, it makes you looks so much better! :)
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    I hit the sales racks for cheap clothes that fit... then when I get to goal, I will get some nicer stuff...
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    For me, motivation comes from feeling good about myself. I don’t get all new clothes, but I do buy myself little treats as the weight goes down. A new top or something, maybe new undies… For you old clothes, a friend of mine gets them tailored. She goes to the dry clean and has any of her nice clothes taken in. Of course, that all depends on budget etc.

I like some of the suggestions I’ve seen esp belts for long tops.
  • Happy_endings
    Options
    yah. Tailoring is an idea. The lady charged $90 for a dress last November and she was super rude to me.. so I would have to find a new one but that is a great idea.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    yeah.. safety pins and thrift store seems ideal.. I got a cheap sewing machine at a yard sale couple months ago.. I thought maybe I can play around with that?! Im not too talented but meh..

Im not worried about work because I have scrubs and I will just keep pulling my drawstring tighter n tighter. The tops I'm alil more worried about but I will just wear a shirt underneath them if they start getting baggy.. I dont want an accident at work lol

But the thought of getting rid of my clothes is kinda overwhelming me. Atleast my feet wont lose weight and I can keep all my shoes... right?!... please dont say ppl have lost shoe sizes! lol

you do get to keep your shoes.

I want you to hear me in the way I mean it: the kindest, gentlest way possible:
    Do you really want to keep all those big clothes? Do you want to keep on wearing that size?

Of course you don't! Thrift shops have been my best friend, I have gotten nice work clothes for cheap!! The outfit I wore to work yesterday (Anne Klein silk sweater and pinstripe slacks) cost me a grand total of $6.60

Go get yourself some new srubs, you have EARNED them!!!
  • Happy_endings
    Options
    oh I know it probably sounds crazy that I am having a mini panic attack over clothes right now. I was just thinking about all the changes in my life right now and clothing is just something else.

Of course I dont want to keep my "fat" clothes but I associate certain outfits with memories..i guess I'm weird. Hell I know I'm weird I have this 1 hoodie Ive had since 1998 Ive washed it so much its almost paper thin.. but its my "lucky" hoodie. no matter how thin i get I think I might have to keep it!

I have alot of Steeler clothing.. luckily it doesnt matter how big jerseys are. Half the time I have to put 3-4 sweatshirts under them to go to games in winter anyways.
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    I started after 20+lbs lost, but I started slow since I still have 17lbs to go. I only purchased 2 pair of pants, I got them a little tight but after a few weeks, they were fine. I still wear my old clothes here and there but only after a wash (which is when they are tigher or just right). However, as much as I want to go crazy shopping, I don't because I know it will be a waste of money.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!