Being strict but not loosing any!!

Options
I've stuck to my calory intake 1500 for the last 3 weeks and have lost 4lb which I'm really pleased with but over the last couple of days I haven't lost anything even though I'm exercising every day, is this normal ???

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Stalling for a few days is completely normal. I would say that NOT stalling occasionally would be abnormal. It could be fluid retention, solids retention, etc.

Weigh your foods, log accurately, underestimate burns and overestimate intake (=err on the side of caution)
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yes, its very normal. Weight fluctuates from day to day. Its the overall trend that counts. If you weigh yourself less often you'll probably see a steady drop in your weight more often.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    You only have 10 pounds to lose, Relax - patience. The closer you are to goal the slower the process is. if you have gone 5-6 weeks with no change maybe then ask/look for an unbiased person to go through your food log and offer comments to you.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Well, I've never seen someone worried about not losing weight for 2 days before. And I thought 2 weeks was being impatient! You can't expect to lose every week, let alone everyday. I'm surprised you've gone 3 weeks without gaining or staying the same at all, really. If you plot your weigh each day in a graph, most people's graphs look like mountain ranges, not a steady line downwards.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I always find it odd when people complain or question the lack of weight lost over a few days.

All I can suggest is stop weighing your self so often. Once a week is enough.
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of the same 'weigh in habit'....the others are right, I'm going to start leaving the scale alone barring once a week. Starting after weigh in this morning lol....promise!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with weighing once a week as long as you accept that fluctuations happen. The scales don't somehow average your weights over the last week, you could still weigh on a day that you're fluctuating. You just won't know that you were 4lbs lighter the day before and the day after. If you're happier weighing once a week then that's fine, but there's no reason to be 'guilty' of weighing everyday.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    10lbs to lose? cut your weight loss goal to 0.5lb a week
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Only a couple days? Weight fluctuates daily, some more than others. Look at a weekly trend rather than day to day, that will drive you crazy!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    When looking at day to day weight totals, exercise can often make your weight go up rather than down. While the exercise is causing you to lose fat, it can also cause you to retain more water.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I've stuck to my calory intake 1500 for the last 3 weeks and have lost 4lb which I'm really pleased with but over the last couple of days I haven't lost anything even though I'm exercising every day, is this normal ???

Oh for goodness sake 2 days are you serious?
    1. Weight loss isnt linear, it goes in fits and starts.
    2. It isnt an immediate impact and takes some time to work through.
    3. You only have 6lbs to lose.

You cna flutuate normally 1-5lbs during the day, which is natural and has litle to do with losing weight overall.

• brucerc311
    brucerc311 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Exercise can also build muscle, which can cause your weight to seem stagnant or increase even. Do you take tape measurements as well or are you solely focused on the scale?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    brucerc311 wrote: »
    Exercise can also build muscle, which can cause your weight to seem stagnant or increase even. Do you take tape measurements as well or are you solely focused on the scale?

Its highly unlikely hes building muscle whilst at a deficit. Thers an exception obese+, but he isnt. He isnt stagnating btw hes just being impatient and unrealistic. 0.5lbs a week (not every 3hrs) is a more realistic target.
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    OP, you should stop weighing yourself everyday - you are only going to frustrate yourself the closer you get to your goal. It will go up and down; it will plateau. Just keep going. But do remember about every 5 lbs you lose you will need to adjust your calorie goals to keep losing consistently until you reach a maintenance level.
    no this is nonsense...
    http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/weight-loss-plateau-myth-muscle-weighs-more-than-fat/
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

LOL not in two days…

OP it has been two days, take a breath, and stop weighing yourself daily. I would suggest weighing in once a week.

I left to go on vacation/business trip about two weeks ago; I got back on a Thursday and my usual weigh in day is Friday, but I knew that I would show a "gain" from bloat/water weight etc, so I skipped the weigh in and will weigh in tomorrow, so it will be three weeks since my last weigh in …

don't let the scale rule your life ….
  • sapphire1166
    sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The first 8 days of being on MFP I lost 7 lbs (I know this was mostly water weight). For the past 4 I haven't dropped even 1/10th of an oz. But it's cool. If in 2 weeks it still hasn't budged then I'll start to worry.
  • mattlynch2015
    mattlynch2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I'm solely using scale at the moment, do you recommend tape measurements as well if so which ones??
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options

I'm solely using scale at the moment, do you recommend tape measurements as well if so which ones??

.....well, which areas are you concerned about seeing a reduction in?
  • mattlynch2015
    mattlynch2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

.....well, which areas are you concerned about seeing a reduction in?

Mainly my waist
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Then measure that.