Being strict but not loosing any!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mattlynch2015
    mattlynch2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Then measure that.

What's the best way to measure, bloat out you're stomach fully, so there's no room for cheating, as you're always going to breathe in a little, or stand as you would in public when people tell you you don't need to loose weight??
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    It's completely up to you, as long as you are consistent each time you measure otherwise you will get readings which vary greatly. I personally try and let it all out but make sure I stand up straight. And always try to measure at about the same time of day (morning, right after you wake up before you eat and drink anything is usually recommended).
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you're a dude... why are you only eating 1500?
  • tew618
    tew618 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had to hide my scale, I was getting on it almost every day and was so disappointed. Now my son has to give me the scale and I weigh myself once every 16 days and I very pleased with my results.
  • benriya
    benriya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The number on the scale has to do with how much food/water you consume. Weigh yourself every 1-2 weeks. Also, if you work out a lot, you might gain weight in muscle.
    I, personally, trust my measuring tape more than the scale.
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Is there an FAQ or something for people who don't understand the process? This type of question gets asked several times per day. "I lose weight when I'm happy but I don't when I'm sad, what am I doing wrong?" "I've been exercising hard and eating clean for two days and I haven't lost weight is it my metabolism?"

If there is an FAQ that covers these very basic and repetitive questions then we can just link that instead of explaining weight loss every 30 seconds.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Is there an FAQ or something for people who don't understand the process? This type of question gets asked several times per day. "I lose weight when I'm happy but I don't when I'm sad, what am I doing wrong?" "I've been exercising hard and eating clean for two days and I haven't lost weight is it my metabolism?"

If there is an FAQ that covers these very basic and repetitive questions then we can just link that instead of explaining weight loss every 30 seconds.

There are the stickied posts that pretty much cover what everyone says, which are often linked to. But people tend to be more willing to read comments specific to their posts than generic links, even if the comments say the same thing.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

^^ This

I'm about the same age, and I'm (relatively) short (5'8) and lose weight eating a heck of a lot more than that.
  • mattlynch2015
    Options
    It's completely up to you, as long as you are consistent each time you measure otherwise you will get readings which vary greatly. I personally try and let it all out but make sure I stand up straight. And always try to measure at about the same time of day (morning, right after you wake up before you eat and drink anything is usually recommended).

Thank you for the advice, this is all new to me
  • mattlynch2015
    Options

That was what MFP recommended me to eat ????
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

What's your current height/weight and what's your activity level?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Probably because you put in an overly aggressive goal. With only a few pounds to lose, a more realistic goal would be .5lbs/week - input that and you'll get lots more calories to play with. You should also (IMO) adjust your expectations. Weight loss isn't a race - it's not supposed to be fast. It's supposed to be nice and slow, so it's sustainable long term.
  • suzanne414
    suzanne414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've stuck to my calory intake 1500 for the last 3 weeks and have lost 4lb which I'm really pleased with but over the last couple of days I haven't lost anything even though I'm exercising every day, is this normal ???

• suzanne414
    suzanne414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was told to cut my calories down by 200 per day. And its working !
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

probably for a 2 pound a week loss, right? and what is your activity level, before exercise? 2 pounds a week is really aggressive. 1 lb a week is really the way to go for steady and sustainable weight loss.