I consider it a success.

Options
Been on the bandwagon with MFP for a month and havnt had a hint of a cheat day. However, This evening I attended a Christmas dinner party my boss held for all her district staff. Just a small group of five of us standing around a kitchen island full of yummy appeteizers and such. We all just talked about the year past and grazed away on such treats as scallops wrapped in bacon, baked mac & cheese with lobster meat and almost crusted chicken. After feeding on that we all has a bit of dessert. For me a very sensibly sized piece of my egg nog cheese cake that I made for the get together. It was a nice time and we all enjoyed an evening of good company and good food. There was a time when I first began this journey that I would have been in a panic going into tonight. thinking things like "What am I going to do?! how am I going to avoid going over my calories?! But suprisingly I didnt have an ounce of worry about it. and in that is the success story. I have realized two things. Food will never rule my life again. When I started my journey I had deceided that a healthier lifestyle was my goal. But tonight I realized the second thing, I can't fear food either. Sure most of that stuff wasnt the healthiest stuff, but tonight was a night to eat, drink and be merry. I have no doubt that tommorow it's back to business and I am not at all worried about being able to stick with this now. For the first time I have realized that there is no finish line here. Sure, there is a goal weight but the healthy lifestyle doesnt end. So tonight I am celebrating because for the first time I know that I am in control and food is nothing more than what I allow it to be.

:bigsmile:

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Been on the bandwagon with MFP for a month and havnt had a hint of a cheat day. However, This evening I attended a Christmas dinner party my boss held for all her district staff. Just a small group of five of us standing around a kitchen island full of yummy appeteizers and such. We all just talked about the year past and grazed away on such treats as scallops wrapped in bacon, baked mac & cheese with lobster meat and almost crusted chicken. After feeding on that we all has a bit of dessert. For me a very sensibly sized piece of my egg nog cheese cake that I made for the get together. It was a nice time and we all enjoyed an evening of good company and good food. There was a time when I first began this journey that I would have been in a panic going into tonight. thinking things like "What am I going to do?! how am I going to avoid going over my calories?! But suprisingly I didnt have an ounce of worry about it. and in that is the success story. I have realized two things. Food will never rule my life again. When I started my journey I had deceided that a healthier lifestyle was my goal. But tonight I realized the second thing, I can't fear food either. Sure most of that stuff wasnt the healthiest stuff, but tonight was a night to eat, drink and be merry. I have no doubt that tommorow it's back to business and I am not at all worried about being able to stick with this now. For the first time I have realized that there is no finish line here. Sure, there is a goal weight but the healthy lifestyle doesnt end. So tonight I am celebrating because for the first time I know that I am in control and food is nothing more than what I allow it to be.

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

Beautifully said Spy.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kathy
  • melissa91971
    Options
    Awsome!

~Mel
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think that is a very healthy outlook. I don't feel guilty anymore when I choose to indulge in something other than "diet" food...because I choose to enjoy it, I don't spiral out of control. My old mentality was "well, since I screwed up and ate three cookies, I might as well go ahead and eat the whole bag." Now, I know I can just watch my food intake the next day and it will all even out.

Once again, congrats...also, I bet you were a whole lot more fun too because you weren't obsessing. Nothing kills a party faster than a neurotic dieter spouting off calorie content and fat grams!
  • singcoz528
    Options
    You are completely right. Way to go for figuring this out about yourself! I feel the same way.

:flowerforyou: You rock!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Food will never rule my life again. When I started my journey I had deceided that a healthier lifestyle was my goal. But tonight I realized the second thing, I can't fear food either. Sure most of that stuff wasnt the healthiest stuff, but tonight was a night to eat, drink and be merry. I have no doubt that tommorow it's back to business and I am not at all worried about being able to stick with this now. For the first time I have realized that there is no finish line here. Sure, there is a goal weight but the healthy lifestyle doesnt end. So tonight I am celebrating because for the first time I know that I am in control and food is nothing more than what I allow it to be.

[/quote]

Yup, it's SUCH a great feeling to know that WE are in control, isn't it?!! :smile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Thanks for joining me in my celebration guys!

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    happy110.gif

Wonderful post.
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Amen and well said! That is awesome!:flowerforyou:

Bobbie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!