Weight loss slow- am I eating enough?

Options
im eating around 1000 to 1100 calories a day. I would be comfortable with 800 but get a warning when I try to close out the day. I can eat around 1370 I think for a 1.5 lb a week weight loss.
But the loos has slowed down and I'm not achieving that amour. I work hard at this and don't understand why I'm not losing.
Any ideas?

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at this?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and measure your foods?

Eating too little doesn't stall weight loss. How much have you lost, over how long a time period?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    how long have you been eating 1000 to 1100 a day for?
    do you use a food scale?
    you should not be "comfortable" with eating 800 calories a day, that is a ridiculously low number to be consuming.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    do you use a food scale?
    you should not be "comfortable" with eating 800 calories a day, that is a ridiculously low number to be consuming.

x2
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    do you use a food scale?

all of that

in all likelihood, you are eating more than you think you are.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Don't know any of your stats, but if the 55 in your user name represents your age, welcome to the toughest time of your life to lose weight. Unless you have quite a bit of weight to lose, at this point in life, losing a half pound of week overall might be the best you can hope for. If you ARE 55 and don't have a ton to lose, then 1000-1100 may be fine for you. Add in exercise as much as you can, and work on building muscle mass, or at least keeping the muscle you have, by getting enough protein in your diet. And take measurements so that you can see progress on the tape measure when the scale stops moving at times. Hang in there.
  • rebasue55
    rebasue55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been at this for over a year. I had 4 oral surgeries and that stalled it for awhile because I had to eat all soft foods and those choices are few!
    Ive been hitting it hard again for severAl months. My neurologist put me on a seizure medication (topamax) and it's taken my appetite away completely. I have to make myself eat. So that's why the small amount of calories is comfortable to me.
    Thank you all for the suggestions!