the dreaded LAST TEN POUNDS

Options
2»

Replies

• canadiangirl84
    canadiangirl84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    the same exact thing happens to me!! i swing up and down 2 pounds like its nobody's business...
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You know I really think that plyo exercises helped me too, And I actually combine strength training with cardio for instance I might do mountainclimbers for a minute then twenty pushups, then lunges with biceps curls then a minuite of frog jumps ect...
  • daigal
    daigal Posts: 3
    Options
    I am in the same situation. I started off at 137, lost 5 pounds in two months, but then couldn't get below 132. I came on here for help and read a lot about eating back your exercise calories. I tried it and it worked! I was able to lose 2 pound in two weeks. I work out about 3-4 times a week and make sure to eat those calories back so that i'm always at 1200 a day. I used to eat 1200, then burn between 400-600 from my workout, and then not eat back those calories. So eating them back actually helped me shed those 2 pounds in 2 weeks. However, I am now stuck at 130 because like you, I enjoy having those "cheat days". I'm going to try cutting those cheat days and see if that brings me below the 130. Try it for a week and see if u see any results!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation. I started off at 137, lost 5 pounds in two months, but then couldn't get below 132. I came on here for help and read a lot about eating back your exercise calories. I tried it and it worked! I was able to lose 2 pound in two weeks. I work out about 3-4 times a week and make sure to eat those calories back so that i'm always at 1200 a day. I used to eat 1200, then burn between 400-600 from my workout, and then not eat back those calories. So eating them back actually helped me shed those 2 pounds in 2 weeks. However, I am now stuck at 130 because like you, I enjoy having those "cheat days". I'm going to try cutting those cheat days and see if that brings me below the 130. Try it for a week and see if u see any results!

With only 5 lbs to go 1200 might not even be enough (try changing our goal to 0.5lbs/week.