Same breakfast?

I have been noticing that I am eating pretty much the exact same breakfast most days of the week. Occasionally, I will change the fruit or I might go out for brunch but other than that, it is the exact same thing.

Anyone else do that? I am assuming this isn't a problem, as it is a good breakfast.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Why would it be a problem?

Most people are creatures of habit...

During the week I eat pretty much the same thing...either scrambled eggs and pinto beans or scrambled eggs and oat or scrambled eggs and toast. I branch out a bit on the weekends when I have more time to cook in the morning.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I go through periods of doing this. Right now I am changing it up a little, but for the longest time, I was just eating oatmeal and egg white mcmuffins in the morning during the week. Smoked salmon on Thursdays.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    i eat the same breakfast most days. no issues.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    I go through lengthy periods of time when I basically eat the same foods every day for all my meals and snacks. It makes meal planning and grocery shopping easy. I eat it until I get tired of it then I change things up a bit.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I eat the same things until the package is empty. Different foods through the day, though.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I go through lengthy periods of time when I basically eat the same foods every day for all my meals and snacks. It makes meal planning and grocery shopping easy. I eat it until I get tired of it then I change things up a bit.

This is pretty much what I do too.

• Christophe2Fit
    Christophe2Fit Posts: 26 Member
    I do eat the same breakfast all the time, I find it the best way!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I eat the same breakfast nearly every day right now. I like being able to just copy it over and then adjust the quantity of fruit.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    So much easier to have the same thing for breakfast most days. simply grab and go no having to think or make another decision. No option paralysis! I can't stand to eat the same dinner over and over but breakfast - hey its easy!
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Hi other Carla lol. I never have time to make anything in the morning, so I just buy a variety of protein bars & that's what I eat before work. I don't see anything wrong with it, & getting different brands keeps me from getting tired of the same thing. Weekends I will make eggs which I look forward to so much!!!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    edited April 2015
    Have to have my yogurt with 1/4 cup high protein cereal mixed in it everyday! makes it easy to track my calories too!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    I do this. I have a few things that are on regular rotation. Logging breakfast is the easiest meal for me as I can usually reuse yesterday's meal or tweak yesterday's meal or find one item and it gives me options for things I frequently eat with that item.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Carla2299 wrote: »
    I have been noticing that I am eating pretty much the exact same breakfast most days of the week. Occasionally, I will change the fruit or I might go out for brunch but other than that, it is the exact same thing.

Anyone else do that? I am assuming this isn't a problem, as it is a good breakfast.

I do this! I recently tried changing things up a bit but I miss my same old same old breakfast. I think it's comforting and predictable. Boring but yummy.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    I pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast every day. To be honest I am really tired of eggs and bacon now and have been sticking to oatmeal, but I lack protein in it which is a bummer! I have to find another way to get some protein in ...
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    I eat the same two breakfasts most days, if I'm having breakfast. I like it, it's quick and easy, and it both fits in my calorie goals and helps me perform later at the gym. Meh.
  • Carla2299
    Carla2299 Posts: 39 Member
    I never thought of doing that for snacks and it would definitely help for grocery shopping/prep! It seems to be only breakfast that I do the same thing all the time. No idea why.

Thanks!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    I switch between two standbys: oatmeal with peanut butter some days, cottage cheese others. After three months I'm not bored.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    I make and weigh out 5 portions of steel cut oats with quinoa on Sunday night. Then each morning I just reheat a portion, add fresh yogurt, banana, honey, and some chia or hemp seeds and I'm done. Its tasty, easy to make, and easy to log.
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    I eat the same breakfast M-Friday. I have a protein bar and a cup of coffee. I bring an apple and string cheese for a snack. I don't have to think. And most days I have the same lunch. I have lost 30 pounds. I vary dinners and meals on the weekends. For me, it's about being easy.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I also eat the same breakfast M-F and sometimes on weekends. It just saves me a little logging time and I don't have to think much at 5:30 a when I am trying to wake up. I will also often eat the same lunch for 2-3 days in a row. Good thing I like my own cooking. :)
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    I eat the same breakfast almost every day. Actually, I ate almost the same lunch and snacks at work, too (with a little variation). Dinner is usually the one meal that really varies, and even then it's pretty much protein, veggie, and one additional fun item. It is so much easier to plan meals this way. The weekends I somewhat stick to the same things, too, except when we're out and about and I'll have whatever makes sense for that meal.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I often make a frittata or mini quiches and just eat one serving everyday. Sometimes I make something delicious and I replicate it the next day. It doesn't really matter.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    I often make a frittata or mini quiches and just eat one serving everyday. Sometimes I make something delicious and I replicate it the next day. It doesn't really matter.

i do this as well. I made a frittata on Sunday and portion it out for the upcoming week.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    @myukniewicz - I'm on this cabbage (or brussels sprouts) and bacon frittata right now that's ridiculously good. I had to force myself to make a different one last night - I had mushrooms that would go bad!
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    I have 3 go-to breakfasts....only becomes a problem when i get bored with an option. Then I find another alternative around the same calorie amount.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited April 2015
    I eat the same thing for dinner almost every night I eat alone. it's easy- and makes me happy. So- there you have it.

you're fine as long it's not causing any physical issues.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Live, die, repeat. Errr, no that's that Tom Cruise movie. Yes. I have a very small number of breakfasts I eat depending on what I've made or have for leftovers.
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Same breakfast everyday since starting on here. Oats with a little honey. Before that I often skipped. I now find I need it. The only day that's different is occasionally on the weekend when I sometimes have a bacon sandwich. :)
    My lunch is nearly always the same as well. A cheese sandwich with pickle.
    Dinner varies most times with veg so hopefully getting what I need. Feeling healthier than I have in a long while so it must be working :)