lunch under 300 calories

Options
Does anyone have any good ideas for healthy lunches that I can take to work that are no more than 300 calories?

Replies

• icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Big salad of 4 oz. of salad greens/veggies + 4 oz chicken breast + Walden Farms calorie free dressing for taste. Easy, filling and nutritious. :)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    1/2 a whole wheat or multi-grain pita, a few ounces of turkey or chicken breast, romaine lettuce, diced cucumbers, feta cheese, a little vinaigrette and either a piece of fruit or yogurt. When I was actively losing, this was a pretty regular meal for me.

Another is a cup of chili and cottage cheese w/ fruit or a yogurt.
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    1/2 a whole wheat or multi-grain pita, a few ounces of turkey or chicken breast, romaine lettuce, diced cucumbers, feta cheese, a little vinaigrette and either a piece of fruit or yogurt. When I was actively losing, this was a pretty regular meal for me.

Another is a cup of chili and cottage cheese w/ fruit or a yogurt.

Pretty much the same!!! Great combo of carbs, protein & fat especially since lunch is usually right in the middle of your day. You'll need the macros to get you through the afternoon
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad, cracker chips, and some baby carrots/tomato slices/cucumber/fruit. Or a deli meat sandwich on a sandwich thin with just a little cheese and some mustard, side of cherry tomatoes. Or literally anything you want, portioned appropriately to meet your calorie goal.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Low carb wrap with some grilled chicken, lettuce and a dash of guacamole to make it interesting.
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    icanplay3 wrote: »
    Big salad of 4 oz. of salad greens/veggies + 4 oz chicken breast + Walden Farms calorie free dressing for taste. Easy, filling and nutritious. :)

I forgot about Walden farms dressings. I like their Italian one.

• icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Italian one yet, but I should! I have the blue cheese and the caesar ~ both good.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I like Morningstar products (freezer section). Veggie patties and so forth.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I sometimes take oatmeal to cook in a microwave and then throw in a handful of almonds. Or skip the cooking time and make refrigerator oatmeal the night before.
    Also using the breakfast theme, I have taken a Greek yogurt and added some cereal for flavor and crunch.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/minestrone-soup-recipe.html
    This minestrone soup is yummy filling and 2 cups is only 260 calories. Leave off the parmesan and it's 199!
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    huge salad with berries and veggies with a side of sweet potato or veggie wrap sandwich using those 60 calorie whole grain wraps or tofu or any kind of light meat
  • Kmbjork
    Kmbjork Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Slice cucumbers using a mandolin blade, roll up with deli meat, hummus, and other veggies. Or whatever sounds good to you! I like to add feta cheese
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas! I'm going shopping for food this weekend and will have some of these lunches during the week.
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I eat a salad everyday for lunch... 2 cups of spinach, grape tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, pumpkin seeds, and balsamic vinaigrette, with a 4-5oz piece of chicken breast.. comes to around 290-310 calories and keeps me full for a few hours! :)
  • hmck123
    hmck123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Most days I have whole wheat couscous with 50g turkey breast, 2 tsp reduced fat pesto and kale - 293 cals with 21g protein
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't know how healthy it is, but a subway 6" ham sub on Italian bread with lettuce, tomato, black olives & onion with brown mustard is only 290 calories. It was a staple when I was losing weight. I'd have it a couple of times a week for lunch.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    For work I tend to eat a lot of Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice (Cafe Steamers are my favorite). Most of them are ~300 ish calories and are so good!
  • faidwen
    faidwen Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Homemade Hummus + homemade pita chips (so easy to make), mixed vegetable salad, yogurt topped with mixed fruit & nuts.
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This is something I love:
    000068.jpg

It's whole-grain tortillas with falafel and hummus (and lettuce, tomato). Each piece is ~279 calories and to me it is very, very filling and tasty and my digestive system loves it.

If you want something a little bit more high-protein, this version of it should do the trick.
    000070.jpg
    It's with lean turkey, one chopped boiled egg, and some low-fat yellow cheese. (And of course tomato and lettuce.)
    Each individual half is still well under 300 cals, and it's handy because you can roll a big tortilla and keep the other part in the fridge for tomorrow. Easy ready lunch for two days.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I have tuna, cucumber and lettuce or celery every day for lunch - comes to approximately 160 calories (not sure exactly because it's a school canteen so I have to take the tuna without weighing it. Low for a whole lunch though and I've gone from hating tinned tuna to loving it.