lunch under 300 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I usually do some deli meat (lately salami) with a cheese stick (usually pepper jack) and then some veggies like cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, etc. If I have the calories to spare, I will also add some skinny pop popcorn, bruschetta toasts or melba toasts.

I also recently discovered and now enjoy those Sargento break blends and add some veggies or a side salad on the side.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    It's whole-grain tortillas with falafel and hummus (and lettuce, tomato). Each piece is ~279 calories and to me it is very, very filling and tasty and my digestive system loves it.

Where do you find your falafel? Do you get it in the freezer section? If so, what brand? This is something I would like to add to my meals occasionally, but other than a restaurant, I am not sure how to buy it.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Falafel is really easy to make with a can of chickpeas and some minimal spices, but Trader Joe's also sells it fully cooked in the freezer section.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies and a piece of tilpia.
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    a stock of celery...
    Thanks, but I was looking for something a bit more filling.

• emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    A serving of soup and a Greek yogurt has been my lunch all school year. I make a pot of soup on Sunday and store it in Mason jars in my fridge. In the mornings, I grab a jar of soup and a yogurt and I'm good to go.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm super lazy, so I usually grab a packet of plain oatmeal, a medium apple and cut it up into the oatmeal with a tsp of splenda. I'll usually bring a yogurt and some snap peas to get me through the afternoon. I sometimes swap out oatmeal for a half can of soup. The oatmeal is more filling though.
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    It's whole-grain tortillas with falafel and hummus (and lettuce, tomato). Each piece is ~279 calories and to me it is very, very filling and tasty and my digestive system loves it.

Where do you find your falafel? Do you get it in the freezer section? If so, what brand? This is something I would like to add to my meals occasionally, but other than a restaurant, I am not sure how to buy it.

As @Queenmunchy said, you can make it yourself easily, and it also exists in the form of frozen, premade balls. However, I personally choose a middle road; I buy the crushed chickpeas etc dust/mixture ready and make the balls or burgers myself. I don't know if my telling you any brands would help you, though, because I'm not from the US and I very much doubt you'd find the Greek and Turkish brands I buy where you live.
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My go-to is half a baked chicken breast (2-3.5oz), cut into cubes with some herb and garlic goat cheese spread on top. A side of broccoli sauteed in coconut oil. The whole thing comes to about 290-310 calories depending on the type of cheese you use and how much oil you need in your pan to cook the broccoli. Of all veggies broccoli has the most protein, and it's very filling. The coconut oil gives it a nice sweet flavor, and it keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.

I also do ~2oz (3 medium-size slices) of deli turkey with 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, 1 cup of sliced peppers, and 3tbsp of hummus. I put it all in a big glass container and throw in my bag for work. Good finger-food comes in handy if you have a desk job! And chewing all those veggies feels like you're eating a lot of food for 300 calories.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Bunch of spinach or lettuce, one can of tuna (130cals) for the one I use, 50g avocado (80calories), 100g cucumber (10 calories), 100g cherry tomatoes (18calories), 50g corn (43calories) + squeeze of lemon, salt & pepper

Around 300 calories, high in protein and super filling
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Here's three: Chicken noodle soup, mac and cheese, a pork chop.
  • superchong2014
    superchong2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tuna, cucumber and lettuce or celery every day for lunch - comes to approximately 160 calories (not sure exactly because it's a school canteen so I have to take the tuna without weighing it. Low for a whole lunch though and I've gone from hating tinned tuna to loving it.

What do u add to the tuna? For example I live in New York and go to fairway and buy the tuna ready made fresh ones and I think they are heavy on he mayo
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Flat Out wraps are 90 calories and I think much tastier than the low card wraps. I usually fill mine with leftover protein, like grilled chicken or steak, loads of veggies and a squirt of mustard, hot sauce or dressing! It is filling and tastes great. Under 300 calories if you don't use too much meat!
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Bunch of spinach or lettuce, one can of tuna (130cals) for the one I use, 50g avocado (80calories), 100g cucumber (10 calories), 100g cherry tomatoes (18calories), 50g corn (43calories) + squeeze of lemon, salt & pepper

Around 300 calories, high in protein and super filling

How do you keep your avocado fresh (not turning brown)?