Do you log every morsel?

Options

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am very serious about loosing the weight. So that means I have to give 100% effort if want success. I don't graze. That is a guaranteed way to fail. If I need to nibble I take the time to weigh out a portion and log it.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    long answer short, yes
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am very serious about loosing the weight. So that means I have to give 100% effort if want success. I don't graze. That is a guaranteed way to fail. If I need to nibble I take the time to weigh out a portion and log it.

and that alone sometimes is enough to keep me from having a snack. im being lazy and dont want to put that much effort into it LOLOLOLOL
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    No I don't... but at the same time I don't usually eat all of my calories allotted when I do that. So I guess it evens out. Life's too short to be wondering about every nibble... and I'm losing weight, so I don't worry... it's working for me. :drinker:
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I had a Weight Watchers leader explain this issue in this manner, and it makes me log every bite I put in my mouth to this day.

Imagine carrying around one of those plastic grocery bags with you all day long. Inside the bag, I want you to imagine putting every unlogged food bite you eat for the day. At the end of the day, when you look inside this bag, you may very well have several hundred calories that you're not accounting for.

Bites, tastes, and nibbles all have calories. Log them if you want a true measure of your daily calorie intake.
  • zap5
    zap5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    yeah, everything, if i dont then im always conscious of what and how much im eating. to be honest it doesnt really matter if you log the amount of things you eat as long as youre conscious of what youre eating and how much, and you know the nutrition facts behind it all. of course this is just me, a lot of people forget or dont know how to accurately count calories, if im not losing weight this week ill know exactly why. there are no surprises, whatever you eat and however much you eat will reflect your results.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've gone as far as logging the TWO little Skittles that my DH has a dish full.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Yes. If it's a sample, I'll usually just log it as a fraction of whatever the food is. I don't get worked up over the accuracy of the log though.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I TRY. Really hard. I got in the habit of taking a few extra licks of ice cream here or there and it just wasn't working out on a 250 calorie deficit.

I'd especially be logging almonds. 100 calories of almonds is like nothing.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Yes. Even two olives.

Nuts? I'd be nuts not to log them, they are packed with good stuff including energy (calories).
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I try to as much as I possibly can. Like it has been said before; those few little snacks here and there can REALLY add up. Then people wonder why they are not losing weight
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    I try to, and I also try and end up at least 100 under my total to account for those types of nibbles. So far it has been working for me!

Smart. Thumbs up.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • crys_todd
    crys_todd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I leave a buffer of 100-ish calories everyday to account for licking peanut butter off my finger or a stolen bite of my husband's ice cream or tasting food as a cook.

I love to cook and get creative in the kitchen and I never use recipes so tasting my food as I cook is imperative if I want the final product to taste worth a damn. How do you log a lick of the spoon to test for seasoning? I just can't even go that far.
    Mustard and herbal tea are not what made me overweight so I'm okay letting them slip through the cracks.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yes everything because it keeps me real on this journey. I'm usually under for my 1300 daily cals and I don't eat my exercise cals so there is some room for a nibble here and there. We were in Sam's Club where I had taken a taste cup of 5 Skittles. Logged it in! I'm committed to the point that my husband just asked if I wanted a 2 oz bourbon sip and I replied, "Sorry no more calories for the day!"
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    When I had made my third pan of chocolate peanut butter bars to give away, I decided I'd actually like to, you know, have some. I had already loaded the ingredients into MFP's recipe builder. I weighed the whole batch and mathed out the calories per gram, then I broke a small chunk off of the corner and weighed it to figure out the calories I was about to consume. I wound up eating a whole bar later on anyway, but it was a fun exercise in accountability.
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes every thing.
  • HollandOats
    Options
    Pretty much, though weekends get guessy some of the time...
  • HollandOats
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Also, I am interested in tracking my micros, fiber, and sodium, so being as accurate as possible aids that.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options

and that alone sometimes is enough to keep me from having a snack. im being lazy and dont want to put that much effort into it LOLOLOLOL

Yeah, me too!

One of my coworkers just came around with something similar to, but slightly larger than, gummy bears. I couldn't be bothered trying to figure out what they were and how many calories might be in them ... so I just said, "No thank you". That was easier. :)