How do I lose weight quickly and safely at 340lbs?

Options
sooverit
sooverit Posts: 6 Member
Hi. I've been eating clean for the last 2.5 weeks because of severe acid reflux and high blood pressure. I've lost about 15 pounds but I've been feeling light headed and nauseated in the last couple of days. I've been eating anywhere from 1200-1800 calories a day. The doctor has me on a water pill so I'm not sure if the combination of the water pill and my low sodium diet has my blood pressure too low or if I'm just not eating enough of something. I'm drinking about 15 cups of water a day. Any tips on how to eat to make me feel good and lose weight? Thanks :-)

Replies

• AmberDalum
    AmberDalum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would honestly say that you are better off not eating less than 1500-1600 calories a day at that rate you can still lose 1 pound a week. And it would be at a safe rate.
  • sooverit
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! It's just so hard to eat that much while trying to eat clean.
  • AmberDalum
    AmberDalum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know one thing to consider when trying to eat healthier is to by organic non processed foods try preparing your own meals that way you knw exactly what is going in to your body. Do you have any specific goals to achieve ? What are you wanting to accomplish and by what date?
  • sooverit
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    "Clean eating" is a relative term. WIth that said, quick weight loss doesn't work long term. Just focus on losing weight and accept what you get.

Good advice. Thanks :-)
  • sooverit
    Options
    AmberDalum wrote: »
    I know one thing to consider when trying to eat healthier is to by organic non processed foods try preparing your own meals that way you knw exactly what is going in to your body. Do you have any specific goals to achieve ? What are you wanting to accomplish and by what date?

I'm definitely eating non processed and organic (when available). That's what I meant by eating clean. I ultimately want to lose 200lbs, get to a normal blood pressure and get rid of acid reflux. I know that losing weight will take care of the health problems but I don't know what realistic short term goals I should make. I'm scared of being disappointed and that's why I asked the initial question.
  • brogares
    brogares Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Adequate sleep. Healthy personal and professional relationships. Less stress.
  • brogares
    brogares Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Along with a healthy diet of course :-)
  • sooverit
    Options
    brogares wrote: »
    Adequate sleep. Healthy personal and professional relationships. Less stress.

Thanks!
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If you're getting exercise in and sweating a lot you need to be cautious with the water pills. You're essentially duplicating the job of the water pill when you exercise but getting rid of excess water and salt. If you're on a strict diet and working hard, you don't need the water pill to get rid of excess salt. Push your body to it's limits a couple of times a week, give it a good workout. The other days just focus on calorie burn. Get off the meds as soon as you think you can. Fix yourself with diet and exercise. Good luck to you.
  • sooverit
    Options
    runfoorun wrote: »
    If you're getting exercise in and sweating a lot you need to be cautious with the water pills. You're essentially duplicating the job of the water pill when you exercise but getting rid of excess water and salt. If you're on a strict diet and working hard, you don't need the water pill to get rid of excess salt. Push your body to it's limits a couple of times a week, give it a good workout. The other days just focus on calorie burn. Get off the meds as soon as you think you can. Fix yourself with diet and exercise. Good luck to you.

Thanks so much. I know you're right!