My 1st Week & lost 5 lbs

Options
WOW, It's been only one week and I have lost 5 lbs!!!. I know that's a little more than I should be losing, but I have kept to my 1200 cal per day and only working out 30-40 minutes per day. I'm so happy, now I realize how much I have been eating. I have always eaten healthy, but my portion sizes were too much, that I was only ever maintaining my weight, not dropping it. Now I am controlling my portion sizes and not feeling hungry during the day. IF this keeps up, I'll be at my ideal wight at no time, only 35 more lbs to go!!! YEAH!!!!

Replies

• Margy82
    Margy82 Posts: 63
    Options
    WOW, It's been only one week and I have lost 5 lbs!!!. I know that's a little more than I should be losing, but I have kept to my 1200 cal per day and only working out 30-40 minutes per day. I'm so happy, now I realize how much I have been eating. I have always eaten healthy, but my portion sizes were too much, that I was only ever maintaining my weight, not dropping it. Now I am controlling my portion sizes and not feeling hungry during the day. IF this keeps up, I'll be at my ideal wight at no time, only 35 more lbs to go!!! YEAH!!!!
  • Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS :flowerforyou:

Way to go :drinker:

I lost 7lbs in my first week and put it down to water loss, I have now started losing around 2lbs per week.

Keep up the good work.

Widdy :smile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Great start Margy. It is not uncommon to lose more the first week. You doing great, keep it up.
  • mbaker1169
    mbaker1169 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great Job Margy! I started out the same way, and sounds like doing the same thing as you. I lost 5 the first week, five the second, and six in the next two. I am hoping to slow down a bit, but at the same time, I feel great, eat right, and look good, So, keep it up-- you can do it!
    Melissa
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    Congrats!!:happy:
    Keep up the good work.

~Naj~
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I know ! I cant believe it either:noway: I just finished my first week and I am 8 lbs. down! Now I am expecting things to slow down abit as my body adjust to all this healthy food.:laugh:

Congratulations and keep it up!!
  • mytys1969
    Options
    Great Job:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Congrats :bigsmile: Keep it up!!! You can do it :wink:
  • clarindadodson
    clarindadodson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! 5 lbs! That's awesome. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • Margy82
    Margy82 Posts: 63
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I am so happy to hear that I am normal and that a lot of people lose a lot the first week, thanks for the positive feed back. I can't wait for the weight to go down. I think my biggest enjoyment is that I measured my waist and found I lost 2 inches so far., and that I am gaining inches where I want, my calves and arms, and that I am losing inches where I want. And even better, ladies, I haven't lost anything in my breast, I hope that stays like that!!!! ( I know it won't, but anyone can dream!!) This is awesome!!:happy: