Getting back on track after overindulging

Options
I've been watching my diet since Christmas and lost 14lbs so far. I had a holiday to Lanzarote last week and decided to give myself some time out and eat and drink what I wanted. I've now returned and feel awful. I'm full of indigestion, nausea, trapped wind, feel sluggish and now have diarrhea. I know its self induced but I didnt realise the change in my diet would affect me so bad. Any advice on how I calm my system and get back on track. Thanks

Replies

• jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Oh, massive sympathies. It's awful isn't it! In my experience the only thing you can do for your body is rest, drink water, curl up with a hot water bottle and wait! Getting back on track isn't easy. I always think I can have just one day off and, in reality, I just can't. It always leads to a week or two of bingeing. But, if you can manage just on day of restricting again then I find that's it cracked and it's then no problem to continue.
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have learned real quick that its best to have a meal, as opposed to a complete day of overindulging. I will grab a favorite soda I like, some potatoes chips and a burger with all the fixings and enjoy it, or I will make up a plate of Nachos with all the trimmings, but I try very hard not to stuff my belly so full I end up sick. Its just not worth the food hangover.
    Getting back on track is actualy easy after a feast like you must have had because you feel like crap and realy dont want to eat a ton anyway, lol.
    It happens, roll with it.
    Becca
  • sierra71foxtrot
    sierra71foxtrot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have learned real quick that its best to have a meal, as opposed to a complete day of overindulging. I will grab a favorite soda I like, some potatoes chips and a burger with all the fixings and enjoy it, or I will make up a plate of Nachos with all the trimmings, but I try very hard not to stuff my belly so full I end up sick. Its just not worth the food hangover.
    Getting back on track is actualy easy after a feast like you must have had because you feel like crap and realy dont want to eat a ton anyway, lol.
    It happens, roll with it.
    Becca

I love the expression "Food Hangover" because thats exactly how I've felt, but I've never had a hangover last 3 days before! lol.....still lesson learned I guess and yes you are right I dont want to eat and I have already lost the 4lbs I gained on holiday....oh well Every cloud has its silver lining I suppose lol.

Thanks for all your comments
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm suffering from a food hangover now, too! Too much snacking of carbs and salt and I feel like a sluggish pain. Today I'm only eating clean foods, water and coffee (or else I would hurt someone - haha!). We just need to move forward :)
  • JTGJTG
    JTGJTG Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me, too. Last night I was like a crazy woman running around the house foraging for chocolate. Eventually I opened up the pinata I'd been filling for my niece's birthday and ate all the chocolate out of it. I wasn't physically hungry, just a horrible psychological binge. Massive carb hangover today - might as well have gotten drunk on tequila. Thanks for the tip, Looncove. I will try that next time.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Ugh, food hangover. Just get right back on track, treat yourself gently for a couple of days and you should be right as rain. :)