Throwing in the towel

Options
Are there some days you just want to say, oh forget it, I just want to eat what I want? I'm never going to lose any real significant weight anyway?

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Every day
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    nope....I had faith in myself. I wanted it bad enough.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Successful people don't quit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I usually eat what I want. I hope you eat exactly what you want. Just make it fit in calories.
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 60 pounds but these last two weeks have been like that for me. I only have 9 pounds left to go (or that was the last time I checked anyways. May be more now.) I'm losing my motivation a bit and need to get back to it!!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Not really, I eat pretty much whatever I want if it's within my calorie goal for the day. It does help that I exercise so I'm able to eat some of my exercise calories back. No offense either but that kind of thinking keeps you stagnant and in the same boat.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No, because I do eat whatever I want. I just make sure to fit it into my calorie goal. If I go over on calories, I try to exercise more or eat less the next day. If those don't happen, I just log and move on with a smaller deficit.

I eat out pretty much everyday and make it work. I don't demonize foods. I still eat desserts like ice cream (almost every night). I just eat less of it and fill the rest of the day with things that give me more protein, fat, whatever.

Since doing so, I have never once wanted to give up.
  • Sheila00000
    Sheila00000 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    All good points. I went over my calories yesterday and I'm taking my kids to Chick fil a tonight, just need to get my head back. :neutral:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    All good points. I went over my calories yesterday and I'm taking my kids to Chick fil a tonight, just need to get my head back. :neutral:

Since you know where you're going you can pre-plan by looking up their nutrition info. Find something on the menu that fits into your calories or close to it, enjoy it and have fun.

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    @Ninkyou is right, you know you're going to Chick Fil A tonight so look up their nutrional info and at least you're going there with a plan.
  • Dave2041
    Dave2041 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    yep, pre-plan. If you go over go for a walk/run/cycle/climb whatever to get those extra calories... thats what i do :smile:
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    no, theres nothing to throw in, its a lifestyle change for me and im loving it. I hate my old way of eating/living.. just wish I had changed sooner
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have these days all the time. Usually when I'm super stressed out and eating healthfully or exercising feels like one more burden. Sometimes I cave and try to just eat maintenance calories for the day so I don't gain weight. I did that yesterday. Others, I stick to my guns. I figure I'll get better at this the longer I do it.

• shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Successful people don't quit.

You're absolutely right, but I'd be willing to be that at some point in time it's crossed their minds.

OP: There's nothing wrong or incorrect about feelings...they're just that, feelings. Recognize them for what they are, do your best to move past them, and learn what triggered them. We all have bad days, but we don't have to succumb to them.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    At the beginning when things were really tough, yes. Once I got the hang of logging/eating smaller portions I haven't had any of those moments.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    There are some days I want a rest or to eat what I want and believe it or not I agree with myself to have a rest or increase my calories without fretting or if I feel im shirking I get on with it. Looking after yourself and your mental well being. Its very important how you deal with tough times and knocks. For me they are all part of the journey, but I know how to deal with them in advance.

Not lose any significant weight? No because I got my mindset right before I started and am constantly monitoring where I am and what I have to do. Im not talking positive thinking, more determination to do it as efficiently as possible and to avoid having to repeat it. Doubting myself is unhelpful, so I commit 100%.

Either take a rest and believe it was all part of the plan or knuckle down, focus on that day and do the right things in the knowledge it all adds up. Learn from any mistakes, dont stress and try to make better choices tomorrow. Youll surprise yourself what you can achieve.
  • splitinhalf12
    splitinhalf12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I went from 240+ to 206 and it took diligence. And then I did kinda give up... I shot up 6 pounds and thought no big deal, I can shed those quick. Then I shot up another 10 pounds and thought I lost it once, I can do it again. THEN I shot up another 12 pounds and was near back to where I started. That was in a mere 8 months. It took that long to get the drive back to get back on track. I'm currently hanging around the 220 area and am upset with myself that I let it take that long. I missed how I felt and how I felt about myself. I even missed the focused hours on the treadmill. I hated how my jeans fit. I was mad at so many things. While it was easy to give up, it wasn't worth it. I still have to remind myself that one bad day isn't the end of the world, but it's only holding me back from my goals.

I have found that nobody else can motivate me to keep tracking and making better choices, so my hope for you is that you can find your own motivation.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Only now that I am at goal. I think this is because of the significant upgrade in cardio over the past month. But generally, these thoughts don't last more than half a day. I do sometimes miss the ignorance of food. That I did eat anything I wanted however much and didn't know/care about calories or protein/carb content. Now that knowledge makes eating more of a chore than anything else.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    When I do, I go back in the gallery on my phone or Facebook and look at fatter me. That's usually motivation enough. :smile: