curvy women, where to buy clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this! I always have ~12" difference between my hips and waist (whether 46 & 34 or 40 & 28), and rarely find pants that don't have a ridiculous gap at the back of the waist, so this is helpful!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Vintage all the way :)
  • mrsdcsmithiv
    mrsdcsmithiv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love my cowgirl tuff jeans. For work I wear a lot of wrap dresses. They are very slimming in the hips yet accenting the tiny waist and legs.
  • rothca12
    rothca12 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    American eagle jeans are the only ones that fit me well. I have a 29 inch waist and 40 hips and big thighs.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Joe's jeans "the honey" fit always worked for me. They can be pricey but secondhand on ebay or some of the designer secondhand clothing sites have reasonable prices, as do Nordstrom Rack and sometimes they have them at Marshall's.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    leggings and fit&flare dresses.
    Skirts just constantly ride up if you are pear/hourglass
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I had to wear pleated Mom jeans as a teen in order to get the waist tight enough and the hips loose enough. I'm a little thicker in the waist in my 40s, but still keep getting the "waist gap" on my pants. Very happy to have found this thread!
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hmm... Try on some jeans with a bit of stretch. Not skinny/tight jeans but jeans that easily bend and are flexible. I shop for mine at American Eagle. They have so much variety! Was around your weight, measurements, and pant size at one point and am 5'6 (close to your height) but was able to tone more around the bottom with resistance training and HIIT. Now I'm 34-24-36 and am a size 0-2 in pants so believe me, if you have a goal to get smaller below, it's definitely possible. Even with wide hips. Good luck!
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I like Maurices Kaylee jeans (cheaper for every day jeans). They also have the Taylor jeans that are a curvy fit, but I did not care for how they felt. Also Silver Suki are good for the pear girls (pricier for the "nice" jeans). I have a 30 inch waist, 43 inch hips, 34 at the belly button and their 30 31 (cause i am short) fit really good with very little gap in the back. The kayleee are a lower rise, and when they are fresh out of the dryer, i don't need a belt, but they do stretch a bit.
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Ah, I lift heavy weights 3x a week, and I really love it, but I think I should also add cardio to my routine. Cardio just is so boring to me, but perhaps HIIT will motivate me to do it. I wanna shrink those hips!
  • xbluehorusx
    xbluehorusx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of shopping at www.pinupgirlclothing.com. I really like their separates and dresses - I feel like they're made for a curvier girl
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    There's a great online brand called PZI Jeans
  • scon13
    scon13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not even sure how I originally found these yrs ago, but there's a brand of jeans at Alloy that I really love. They make me look amazing and I'm pretty curvy. They are super stretchy tho, so size one or two sizes down. The stretch makes them work for my body plus they have extra long lengths which I need. (I'm 5'10) Also, affordable. http://www.alloyapparel.com/product/london+super+stretch+skinny+176066.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=

They are getting different styles in that brand now that people are wearing more flared jeans, but I still like my skinny jeans. They just work for my body. I like to get shorter ones and cuff them into capris. Looks retro cute. Also try high waisted jeans and dresses and skirts from Modcloth. I buy a lot of clothes from there. Easy to return if they don't fit, read the reviews. They seem to carry a lot of stuff that works for curvier or hourglass shapes in a variety of sizes.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Try having 36 30 36 as measurements... I always get a muffin top because I have a large frame/waist, and everything is loose on the butt/legs. Totally sucks...

I have the exact same measurements! We're twinsies :)
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    The jeans that fit me best are blessedly the Target curvy cut mid-rise jeans. I can't even tell you what a joy it is to buy the "just right" jean for $20 on sale!

I also love "fit and flare" cut dresses. Every pear-shaped woman's best friend!