Bread lover!

Options
I love bread (carbs in general! lol) and I am looking for an alternative... I heard that wraps aren't any better. Does anyone have some ideas how I can still enjoy sandwhiches without overdoing the carbs?!

Thanks!

Replies

• EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Start by switching to wheat or whole grains. I would also suggest eating more protein that will make you feel more satisfied.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    They offer low carb wraps/bread. Tumaro's makes some pretty tasty ones. And I don't know your daily goals, but carbs in the right proportions (and types (whole wheat, etc.)) are not necessarily a bad thing... as you said, just don't overdo it!
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    **EDIT - accidental double-post
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I use the 100 calorie pita pockets for my sandwiches...yum!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Moderation...

Truthfully I used to be the exact same (pasta addict) and then, after about a month of being really good, I realized that when I ate it I got really sluggish. I slowly started associating feeling like crap with those foods and now I rarely eat them.
  • cpj74
    cpj74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also a major bread lover!!!! I tried the Weight Watchers egg sandwich and it's wonderful. I don't know what kind of program you are doing but I'm counting calories so I don't feel deprived. Also take fiber tablets half and hour before eating to help feel full and you'll find you won't be eating so much and not even thinking about it!
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    100 cal thin sandwich bread...love em baked like garlic bread...or a pb&j...or toast...or just a yummy sandwich! I'm a total bread lover!!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm Deli Flat bread is delicious and only a 100 calories!!
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have gotten into the habit of eating my veggie burgers without bread. However, if you want bread for a sandwich, I suggest Thomas' Whole Wheat English Muffin.

I have had lots of trouble with bread, as well. I make my own fresh bread, so it is even harder to say no! :)
  • LowCarbAmanda
    LowCarbAmanda Posts: 129
    Options
    This is what I use for sandwiches. It's about 2 net carbs (14 total minus 12 of fibre). It's a modified MiM (muffin in a minute).

-1/4 cup of golden flax meal
    -1 tsp baking powder
    -1/4 tsp garlic powder
    -1/4 tsp onion powder
    -1 egg
    -1 Tbsp mayo

Mix dry stuff in a microwave-safe bowl. Add egg and mayo, and mix. Sometimes I throw in some shredded cheddar cheese. Then microwave for 90 seconds on high. Take out, slice in half, and throw it in a toaster oven to remove the moisture. It turns out kind of like a bagel. If you want it to be sweeter, use 1 tsp of cinnamon instead of the garlic/onion powders, and add a tsp of splenda.
  • MarsMum
    MarsMum Posts: 11
    Options
    I have gotten into the habit of eating my veggie burgers without bread. However, if you want bread for a sandwich, I suggest Thomas' Whole Wheat English Muffin.

I have had lots of trouble with bread, as well. I make my own fresh bread, so it is even harder to say no! :)

Homemade bread is the best, and it smells SO good!!!

Thanks everyone for the tips! :)
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    I love bread too! I won't part with it. So I started making my own. Also, I've started making my sandwhiches with 100 calorie wheat english muffins instead of slices of bread and they are very yummy and filling. I tried a loaf of the 35 cal-a-slice bread and it was freaking nasty. English muffins go great with everything. I imagine the 100 calorie pitas are good too.
  • MarsMum
    Options
    This is what I use for sandwiches. It's about 2 net carbs (14 total minus 12 of fibre). It's a modified MiM (muffin in a minute).

-1 tsp baking powder
    -1/4 tsp garlic powder
    -1/4 tsp onion powder
    -1 egg
    -1 Tbsp mayo

Mix dry stuff in a microwave-safe bowl. Add egg and mayo, and mix. Sometimes I throw in some shredded cheddar cheese. Then microwave for 90 seconds on high. Take out, slice in half, and throw it in a toaster oven to remove the moisture. It turns out kind of like a bagel. If you want it to be sweeter, use 1 tsp of cinnamon instead of the garlic/onion powders, and add a tsp of splenda.

mmmm sounds delish! What's the calories on something like that?
  • LowCarbAmanda
    LowCarbAmanda Posts: 129
    Options

-1 tsp baking powder
    -1/4 tsp garlic powder
    -1/4 tsp onion powder
    -1 egg
    -1 Tbsp mayo

298 calories for the cheeseless MiM. :)
  • MarsMum
    Options

-1 tsp baking powder
    -1/4 tsp garlic powder
    -1/4 tsp onion powder
    -1 egg
    -1 Tbsp mayo

298 calories for the cheeseless MiM. :)

awesome thanks! :D