What is your weekend plan of attack??

Options
jaga13
jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
I generally eat well during the week. I do well with consistency (similar meals, same time, every day), but weekend plans can throw me off. So here's my plan:

- Friday: ate my normal breakfast, will eat my normal lunch and snack. Friday night is the only time we eat takeout, and I will probably order from Panera bread or applebees because I know which meals will fit into my goals.

- Saturday: eat my usual breakfast, then I'm taking the kids to a 10am birthday party (those of you young people without kids - are you jealous or what?! haha). I don't know if they are serving food, but I'll pass. It will end at noon. I'll eat a typical lunch at home and probably skip snacking. Saturday night I have dinner plans with 2 friends (hubby is on his own with the kids--good luck chuck). I plan on 2 glasses of wine, skip the appetizers and bread, and enjoy an entree (but I won't finish it). I'll see if the restaurant has it's menu online so I can look at my options ahead of time. I will probably share a dessert. Yes, I will go overbudget Saturday, but not by too much and I've had a good deficit all week.

- Sunday I'll eat my "normal" meals and keep it light, plus I'll have time for an hour workout.

What's your plan of attack?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    The same thing I do almost every night, or day... walk six or more miles and eat at or under my calorie goal.
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating little bits of what I fancy making sure I stay within my calorie goal :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I plan to attack the laundry. It's verging on a disaster right now.

For food? The same thing I've been doing since I've been losing weight. Go to the gym, possibly both days for a little walk on the treadmill. Lift Saturday as well. Eat sensibly during the day. Have my evening treat.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I plan to attack the laundry. It's verging on a disaster right now.

For food? The same thing I've been doing since I've been losing weight. Go to the gym, possibly both days for a little walk on the treadmill. Lift Saturday as well. Eat sensibly during the day. Have my evening treat.

Crap, that reminds me that I have laundry in the washer.

I work Saturday mornings from 5am-2pm. I will easily knock out 6 miles during my shift, plus lifting boxes, climbing ladders, bending, twisting, etc.

My weekends go about the same as my weekdays: I am mindful and try to be active. Done.

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Its a bank holiday in the UK. I plan on gardening and having a small steak with salad and a glass of chilled cava. I'll fit in a session or 3 of 30DS and I want to watch a favourite movie too.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Typical for the most part. Eating light on Saturday due to photographing a wedding and rest while editing on Sunday.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I have some eggs that have been hanging around that I need to turn into dinners. If the weather holds, I will skip tomorrow's workout and concentrate on the back yard. I try to avoid eating out anymore because I'm saving money, so weekends aren't usually that far off calorie-wise.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Weekends (Friday night-Sunday night) are much different than my weekdays. We eat out a lot during the weekends/away from home, so I compensate with lower calories during the week to create a buffer (I'm a weekly calorie tracker vs a daily one I guess). This weekend will consist of pizza at a relatives house tonight, a fundraiser dinner tomorrow night and then lunch at a relatives house on Sunday :) I've taken these things into account already and will enjoy the time away from my kitchen :#
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    A couple bottles of wine, cheese and crackers...just kidding. But I will indulge a bit and enjoy but make sure it all fits within my calories...
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    A couple bottles of wine, cheese and crackers...just kidding. But I will indulge a bit and enjoy but make sure it all fits within my calories...

Sounds like my kind of weekend! :)
  • jaga13
    Options
    Weekends (Friday night-Sunday night) are much different than my weekdays. We eat out a lot during the weekends/away from home, so I compensate with lower calories during the week to create a buffer (I'm a weekly calorie tracker vs a daily one I guess). This weekend will consist of pizza at a relatives house tonight, a fundraiser dinner tomorrow night and then lunch at a relatives house on Sunday :) I've taken these things into account already and will enjoy the time away from my kitchen :#

Weekends can be so different than weekdays! This weekend I only have one "eating out event" but sometimes we have multiple events that really take a lot of planning and intention.

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I am going to attack a s*** ton of beer.
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Dinner out with a friend tonight and will enjoy it without guilt. Will work it off tomorrow running 5k, and chasing kids, doing laundry, grocery shopping, etc.... Sunday will be time with the family, and if the weather is nice, hopefully a trip to the park to play.
  • sciencenovice
    sciencenovice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm actually really anxious about this weekends plan of attack. My weekends are usually quite different from my week days as well. Unfortunately, I've found my weekends have caused me to completely stall on any weight loss for over a year!!! Seriously!

However, thanks to some threads here, and MFP, I was really able to see the "damage". I've consistently worked out, eaten well under a 500cal deficit five days a week, sometimes six days! Then those weekend plans of eating out and wine would come. I'd indulge. And I mean go bat *kitten* crazy. Thanks to hundreds of people posting "record your bad days" and "log your cheat days" I actually did after another huge stall in weight loss. Bam! There it was! 2500-3500 calories OVER my allotted 1470.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat my "normal" meals 7 days per week...this include going out on occasion, grilling up some burgers for a family cook out, drinking some beer, etc.

I know for sure Saturday night we're having a family cookout on the patio...we'll be busy most of the day getting the garden prepared and planting...so some fire in the fire pit, cold beer, home grilled burgers and a cigar will most certainly be in order come evening.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I eat normally. I'm super active on the weekends, so eating a bit more is never an issue. This particular weekend I have a birthday party and a girls night out to plan for. So tomorrow will be a regular breakfast and probably no lunch so I can enjoy dinner :)
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Stay in the batting cages and in the world of San Andreas as long as possible. Sports and videogames make me forget about everything else. Even food.
  • jaga13
    Options
    I'm actually really anxious about this weekends plan of attack. My weekends are usually quite different from my week days as well. Unfortunately, I've found my weekends have caused me to completely stall on any weight loss for over a year!!! Seriously!

However, thanks to some threads here, and MFP, I was really able to see the "damage". I've consistently worked out, eaten well under a 500cal deficit five days a week, sometimes six days! Then those weekend plans of eating out and wine would come. I'd indulge. And I mean go bat *kitten* crazy. Thanks to hundreds of people posting "record your bad days" and "log your cheat days" I actually did after another huge stall in weight loss. Bam! There it was! 2500-3500 calories OVER my allotted 1470.

Good point! I log everything, good, bad, ugly. I actually log the night before to create a meal plan and then edit as needed. It's definitely harder to plan on the weekend (if I'm going to a party or family function, I have no idea what food will be served), but I can still plan the rest of my meals at home and plan on splurging a little when we go out.

Yeah, on a regular weekday, I would eat a smallish dinner (300 calories) and maybe a little chocolate (100-200). But going out to a restaurant could mean drinks, bread, appetizers, huge entrees, and dessert. It can get out of control if I don't think it through. I definitely believe I can eat anything I want, just not all at once!

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Tonight, dinner & drinks at a pub, so probably a big splurge. Saturday morning is my double - BodyPump and BodyCombat. Saturday night, all-you-can-eat sushi (planned and fits in, with the exercise!). Sunday, BodyAttack in the a.m., dogs to groomers and dragon boating meeting, then I'll cook some food for dinner and the week (going to try a garlic butter shrimp & quinoa recipe I found on Pinterest: http://pinchofyum.com/garlic-butter-shrimp-quinoa)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Weekends have been overly crazy lately and I haven't been tracking or really watching what I eat. I have been going way overboard. This weekend doesn't have any solid plans, so I am trying to stay on track and eat at home instead of going out and skip the beers. I will work out, that is never a question. I enjoy the activity. Should be nice here, so I may even get some extra exercise in.