Meal prepping, recipes needed!

Options
hiiyaimrya
hiiyaimrya Posts: 3 Member
I just started this app today and would like to start meal prepping but I'm no cook, so I need a variety of recipes and easy fixes! Help me out (:

Replies

• gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com lots of great recipes, and vast majority are pretty easy to make. she has pretty good collection of slow cooker recipes, and lots of grilling recipes.
    I like to buy my meat in bulk, and break it down into smaller packages. I put boneless skinless breast/thighs into vacuum sealer bags with spice rubs or marinades, then seal and freeze. The meat marinates as it thaws. Just grill, bake, broil or saute.
    I also prep up lots of lean ground beef/turkey into taco/burrito filling, sloppy joes, spag sauce, and plain. Same as chicken, vacuum seal and freeze.
    Prep veggies and fruit after buying them. I also make large roasts(pork and beef) or whole chickens(or bone in parts) on a weekend day, then repurpose leftovers into tons of different recipes. Or freeze them as is to use later.
    I make tons of soups, chili, and staple recipes like chicken santa fe, sweet barbacoa pork, etc on the weekends, then I divy them up into individual servings and freeze. Now I have no reason to not bring lunch in from home!
    I make a batch of brown rice up lots of times. Now it's ready to use in a recipe, or as a side- like a base for a yummy asian or mexican "bowl" dinner!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com lots of great recipes, and vast majority are pretty easy to make. she has pretty good collection of slow cooker recipes, and lots of grilling recipes.
    I like to buy my meat in bulk, and break it down into smaller packages. I put boneless skinless breast/thighs into vacuum sealer bags with spice rubs or marinades, then seal and freeze. The meat marinates as it thaws. Just grill, bake, broil or saute.
    I also prep up lots of lean ground beef/turkey into taco/burrito filling, sloppy joes, spag sauce, and plain. Same as chicken, vacuum seal and freeze.
    Prep veggies and fruit after buying them. I also make large roasts(pork and beef) or whole chickens(or bone in parts) on a weekend day, then repurpose leftovers into tons of different recipes. Or freeze them as is to use later.
    I make tons of soups, chili, and staple recipes like chicken santa fe, sweet barbacoa pork, etc on the weekends, then I divy them up into individual servings and freeze. Now I have no reason to not bring lunch in from home!
    I make a batch of brown rice up lots of times. Now it's ready to use in a recipe, or as a side- like a base for a yummy asian or mexican "bowl" dinner!

Sounds Delicious.
    Thanks for the ideas. :)
  • LeoL87
    LeoL87 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You can find many delicious recipes here. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/healthy-recipe-database.html
  • Ice_Arrows
    Ice_Arrows Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This taco meat mix is great tasting and freezes well for future use. http://justbento.com/handbook/johbisai/basic-taco-meat-mix

There are also other pieces of tastiness there as well, mostly aimed towards lunches.