Eating Pattern

najlaguiden
najlaguiden Posts: 6 Member
i need some Help with the eating pattern. This is Day Two for me I want to make sure I understand Deficit and maintenances day. Deficit Day u eat less calories Maintenance days u eat more correct.

Replies

• jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    There's not deficit days and maintenance days. If you are losing you eat the number of calories MFP has given you that already puts you at a deficit. Once you have lost all your weight, you switch to maintenance and eat that number of calories to not continue to lose or gain.
    For example, To maintain my current weight I would eat 2500 calories. I want to lose 2 lbs a week, so my calories are 1500 a day. Once I get to my goal weight, my calories will change because I'll be maintaining a lower weight.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    i need some Help with the eating pattern. This is Day Two for me I want to make sure I understand Deficit and maintenances day. Deficit Day u eat less calories Maintenance days u eat more correct.

It sounds like you're trying to do 5:2 fasting or another form of Intermittent Fasting. Is that correct? Without knowing which plan you're following it's tough to give specific advice, but yes, it sounds like you have the general idea.
  • najlaguiden
    najlaguiden Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you Jaqcan I see! I was given 1200 a day so I only eat those Calories to lose correct
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Yep, it's that easy peasy!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Thank you Jaqcan I see! I was given 1200 a day so I only eat those Calories to lose correct

Yep. When you go into goals, you can see what MFP gives you for your maintenance. Let's say the number is 1700. Eat 1200 calories a day (we'll leave exercise out for now) and you should lose ~1 pound a week. Eat up to 1700 and you should lose weight, albeit less than a pound a week. Eat 1700 and you will maintain that weight.

Of course, what the math says will happen is dependent upon your accuracy in logging, your activity levels, and your metabolism.