So what was your uh oh moment?

Options
Okay, what was your "I have to do something" moment. Mine became when the wonderful honesty of children reminded me that I am fat. Can't blame them for being honest.

Replies

• Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hating every picture I ever see of myself because I look too fat in each one. I never thought I looked fat in the mirror really but when clothes keep getting tighter I know the pictures aren't lying.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    someone asked me if i was pregnant :(
  • ConsMom
    ConsMom Posts: 8
    Options
    I just pulled out my summer clothes. That was depressing. None of my pants fit and my arms are so much thicker than last summer that my tops look embarrassingly bad as well. I refuse to by up a size, so I'm kicking it in high gear...which means I will most likely be wearing skirts most of the summer until I can get the weight off.
  • christadoud
    christadoud Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    when my mother , who recently lost some weight, gave me some of her old clothes.
  • jocelynlewis
    Options
    Mine is also hating to see myself in pictures!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I saw myself in pictures and was horrified.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    well i had gone from 140 lbs to 105 lbs over 5 months later, i was cleaning out my pictures and saw a picture from when i was 105 lbs.... my stomach was flat as a board.. when i looked down at my tummy, i had a ROLL hanging over my super duper tight pants..... i was like holy crap, when did this happen!?!?!? how didn't i notice!?! how did i let this happen!?!? then i looked up calorie counter and here i am at 111.6 :)
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My bf telling me, honey I want to you lose weight because after we get married I know we both want an family and I don't think it would be fair to your or our children's health if you don't lose at least 100 pounds.

Creating a family is the most important thing to me and I want us all to be healthy and happy and at 312 pounds he was right and I knew it. Obese mothers have a much higher risk of having pregnancy issues, miscarraige and having babies with birth defects and I didn't want to be the cause of that kind of pain to my family or myself.

It was time to take action. Busting my butt everyday for what I love and my dreams.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Laying in the hospital bed, hooked up to oxygen, recovering from a near fatal asthma attack! Thinking to myself I am only 39, what is the rest of my life going to be like?
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I had already noticed significant weight gain but hadn't done anything about it. One afternoon, a co-worker and I went out to happy hour after work. We ordered fried calamari, chicken strips, onion rings and steak fries. I felt so gross! The next day I signed up for MFP and am now 31 lbs lighter!
  • NancySDA
    NancySDA Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    when I started getting irregular heart beats constantly. My lower back was always hurting...and I actually hit hte 200 mark on the scale. But the irregular heart beats was the scariest part. With a better diet and daily exercise they have stopped. Now I work towards getting smaller all the way around and feeling GOOD! I want to be rid of the back pain. My frontage hurts my backage.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    When my plus-size 24 pants were getting too tight, which meant nothing else would fit after that!! :embarassed: (the small town I lived in only had a walmart!)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I second this!
    sick of "the turn to the side, face only pictures"
    Does this angle make me look fat? YES, because I was :/
    Hating every picture I ever see of myself because I look too fat in each one. I never thought I looked fat in the mirror really but when clothes keep getting tighter I know the pictures aren't lying.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Getting on the scale and weighing 5 lbs heavier than my "I'll never get this heavy" weight that I had set about 6 years before. :sad:
  • illinoishoosier
    Options
    Sitting in the ER with blood pressure of 256/147.

Scared skinny.:laugh:
  • MsTamzyK
    MsTamzyK Posts: 45
    Options
    someone asked me if i was pregnant :(

Same here....and I actually thought I was...being an overweight female actually raises your risk of polycystic ovarian disease which throws off your monthly visitor...I had a lot of the symptoms but false alarm. After all that craziness, I knew I had to change something. Good question!!! :smile:
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    when my mother , who recently lost some weight, gave me some of her old clothes.

Yep...that'll do it! lol!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Spending 5 days in Fiji - and not once venturing outside the resort - as I would need to WALK - heaven forbid! Just realized that I want to be the intrepid explorer - not the slouch moving between the pool lounger and the restaurant on my holidays.
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    When I was pushing at morbid obesity, my uh oh moment was going for a leisurely walk with some friends while we talked, and realizing that I could not slowly amble, on a flat surface, without sweating profusely and audibly huffing and puffing.

Recently, when some of the pounds I had lost came back, my uh oh moment came when I tried to put on some pants I had bought TWO months ago, and I get them only a couple of inches past MY KNEES. The rapidity was scarier than the actual pounds!
  • a10horan
    a10horan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My little step-daughter (7) told me I look like I'm going to have a baby was one, and two, summer and swimsuit is snug. I also refuse to buy a bigger size of my summer wardrobe. Right now my shorts don't fit and neither do my tank tops. That is a real bummer because I use to use those tops to work out in and they are too short right now and tight.