Tuna Salad

Options
kkramey1970
kkramey1970 Posts: 82 Member
edited May 2015 in Recipes
Lately I've been taking tuna salad to work for lunch. My tuna salad is basically a can of tuna some mayo, mustard and dill pickle relish. I love it but it's starting to get boring. Anybody have any good and EASY spicy recipes? Thanks!

Replies

• SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I really love tuna and avocado! I don't eat spicy food, so I can't help you there, but I'm sure you could add some spicy sauce or something?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Spicy recipes of what sort? Sandwich spreads, salads, curries... What category? I love spicy lentils (daal) and indian or zanzibari-style chickpeas are really spicy and pretty delicious. You could also make chili, if you like it, or a spicy take on a chicken salad. What are you looking for in particular? :)
  • kkramey1970
    Options
    EASY spicy tuna salad recipes are what I'm looking for :)
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty simple but I like to chop celery up in mine to make it bulkier with few calories added. I love adding a good red hot sauce to it and can't live without that (Frank's or Texas Pete, something like that). I've also tried making it with avocado instead of mayo and it's pretty tasty, too. If you like spicy, try making it with diced jalapenos instead of relish and it's pretty darn good.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Never tried it but chipotle tuna, either made with chipotle mayo or even chopped canned chipotles, would probably be delicious!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    I make homemade guac with lots of jalapeno and onion and mix that with it instead of (or in addition to) some mayo.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    try chicken in a can (like tuna) mixed with mayo and franks red hot sauce rolled in a wrap with lettuce and tomatoes or whatever you like :) Its nice and spicy. easy and fast.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    or the chicken in a can mixed with a small amount of pureed chipoles in adobo roll up in a wrap with avacado, cilantro and paper thin slices of red onion. YUM Sometimes I also add black beans and corn. Also I chop up a lean pork chop season with garlic and onion powder and a bit of cayenne pepper. Add a bit of spicy chile verde in a can, a couple orange slices and a slice of onion. Wrap in a foil pouch and bake it until the meat easily shreds. Remove onion and orange slices. Broil for a minute or 2 to make the outside kind of crunchy. Easy "carnitas" Wrap in a tortilla, or a lettuce or cabbage leaf, top with salsa, diced onion, cilantro YUM :)
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This is a spicy tuna. You don't have to make the wrap. The Tuna Salad is delicious on its own. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/06/nori-spicy-tuna-salad-wrap.html

Nori+Spicy+Tuna+Salad+Wrap+2.jpg
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You can use spicy pickles instead or mix a little cayenne or hot sauce into it.
  • Robinj2015
    Robinj2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use crush red peppers
    EASY spicy tuna salad recipes are what I'm looking for :)

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Well, thinking back to an old favorite restaurant: Add curry and cayenne pepper.
  • spekaelizabeth
    spekaelizabeth Posts: 25 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Tuna mixed with cream cheese and diced olives with a little of the olive juice. It's really good. I think it's a Paula dean recipe
    It's not spicy but when I eat It I always put either sriracha or hot sauce on it :)
  • morowinder
    morowinder Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tuna with rice, bell peppers, spring onions and olives. Add sour cream with olive oil and black pepper.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Buffalo sauce, greek yoghurt, tin of tuna, red onions diced, jalapeños, bell peppers diced, cucumber diced, iceberg lettuce diced and a little grated cheese (strong cheddar or mexican cheddar works well. Takes two mins to chop up salad and open the can) . Making this for my lunch to take on my walk.
  • kkramey1970
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks everyone :)
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I use crushed pepper flakes
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hot pickles, cayenne or crushed red pepper, fresh or pickled jalapeno, hot mustard...i like spicy too!