making mistakes and feeling like blah!

Options
MamiGoals
MamiGoals Posts: 37 Member
So,I had a whopper jr and now I realized I should've opted for a salad. A friend said just because I had so many calories to consume doesn't mean I should eat bad foods.
I didn't feel it was bad, as I am super hungry and my belly is growling.
I'm on day two os 1200 calories Per day. I do exercise (run more than not).

Just that.... no more burgers for me!

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its just a burger, it gave you protein and carbs. Its not bad food as long as thats not all you eat.

The saturated fat and cholesterol is well within your daily allowance.
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-sandwiches-burgers-fire-grilled-whopper-jr-with-cheese_f-ZmlkPTU5OTU1.html

Learn a bit moe about a healthy balanced diet and nutrition, then you wont fret. You havent done anything wrong.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Its just a burger, it gave you protein and carbs. Its not bad food as long as thats not all you eat.

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-sandwiches-burgers-fire-grilled-whopper-jr-with-cheese_f-ZmlkPTU5OTU1.html

Learn a bit moe about a healthy balanced diet and nutrition, then you wont fret. You havent done anything wrong.

^^This... plus I would advise looking at the nutritional value of the salad choices... many are surprisingly high in calories. Salad isn't automatically the 'healthier' option.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

^^This... plus I would advise looking at the nutritional value of the salad choices... many are surprisingly high in calories. Salad isn't automatically the 'healthier' option.

Word. When I was newer at this and tended to log after I ate, I ended up logging a 700-800 calorie salad. F-that. If I'm going to eat 800 calories it's not gonna be for a salad.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    1) Evaluate why you're on 1200/day and whether or not that is right and/or realistic long term for you.

2) Plan ahead. Try pre-planning your meals and snacks so you know how many calories you have to work with. You can have your Whopper Jr, but there may be ways to cut back a little on the calories (like going for no mayo) and/or you may need smaller meals for the rest of the day.
  • MamiGoals
    Options

Thank you.... I was just happy to eat and according to the count it only had 300 calories.
    I know I'm making an excuse by saying that too... but is day 2, I will take note n do better
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    1) Evaluate why you're on 1200/day and whether or not that is right and/or realistic long term for you.

2) Plan ahead. Try pre-planning your meals and snacks so you know how many calories you have to work with. You can have your Whopper Jr, but there may be ways to cut back a little on the calories (like going for no mayo) and/or you may need smaller meals for the rest of the day.

Is because I want to lost at least 15lbs. So the calculation was 1200/day.
    I need this though, I was eating bad. I don't drink soda anymore... it has been almost 2 months of no soda.

I am taking small steps to get back into a healthy eating pattern
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

This^

My goal is more than 1200 and I'm much older than you are. The 1200 MFP gave you is a default minimum & it's before exercise. So if you find yourself over....add some extra activity. If 1200 is too strict...bump it up. No big deal. You just lose a little slower which make transition to maintenance easier.

Plan.....you will get the hang of this. Shave off a little bit here and there....you'll do fine. I have chocolate most days of the week. I gotta save room for some "treats."
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Word. When I was newer at this and tended to log after I ate, I ended up logging a 700-800 calorie salad. F-that. If I'm going to eat 800 calories it's not gonna be for a salad.

Haha... Salad dressings aren't friendly. Gonna try vinegar that should be OK.... right?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with fast food. Just fit it into your calories.

I eat fast food like once a day... I've lost 58 lbs before pregnancy (plus an additional 23 lbs if you count post partum).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    mamifatty wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

Haha... Salad dressings aren't friendly. Gonna try vinegar that should be OK.... right?

Whatever you want, if you like it and it fits into your goals nicely. This salad had walnuts, feta, and dried cranberries. That stuff really adds up.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    a whopper jr is not as bad as a regular whopper. since you didn't mention it i'm guessing you did not have fries and/or a soda. Pat yourself on the back
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I need this though, I was eating bad. I don't drink soda anymore... it has been almost 2 months of no soda.

1200 NET is based on "I want to lose XX pounds per week." A high weekly weight loss goal is a low daily number. Net means calories before exercise. You earn calories thru exercise. Most people eat back just a portion of exercise calories (50-75%) because calorie burn estimates tend to be generous. You don't want to lose too quickly. Really large deficits make it hard for your body to support existing lean muscle. Moderate weight loss helps you lose a larger percentage of fat.

Whatever you do, make this something you can live with for awhile.
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    a whopper jr is not as bad as a regular whopper. since you didn't mention it i'm guessing you did not have fries and/or a soda. Pat yourself on the back

No no.. Just THE Burger. With water. N no cheese or bacon or anything like that.
    Plain
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    remove the term "bad foods" from your vocab.
    you may find that it makes things easier.

whopper jrs. are awesome.
    1 in each hand is awesomer.
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

1200 NET is based on "I want to lose XX pounds per week." A high weekly weight loss goal is a low daily number. Net means calories before exercise. You earn calories thru exercise. Most people eat back just a portion of exercise calories (50-75%) because calorie burn estimates tend to be generous. You don't want to lose too quickly. Really large deficits make it hard for your body to support existing lean muscle. Moderate weight loss helps you lose a larger percentage of fat.

Yes... It consists of the amount of lbs I want to lose. I figure the first week will be tough. next week it'll be better...the fact that exercising gives me eating calories is a huge motivator! I didn't know it worked that way.
    I will look forward to exercise to be able to have a good balanced meal for dinner
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    remove the term "bad foods" from your vocab.
    you may find that it makes things easier.

whopper jrs. are awesome.
    1 in each hand is awesomer.

Hahahahaha!!!!! Thanks :smiley:
  • princesscupcake15
    princesscupcake15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Did you enjoy eating it?
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Yes... It consists of the amount of lbs I want to lose. I figure the first week will be tough. next week it'll be better...the fact that exercising gives me eating calories is a huge motivator! I didn't know it worked that way.
    I will look forward to exercise to be able to have a good balanced meal for dinner

What she means is, if you set your MFP to lose more than half a pound a week, then your goal is too aggressive. You only have 15 pounds to lose, you're better off losing it a little slower.

Your burger was totally fine. No worries!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Girl. I eat cheesecake, ice cream and pizza on a very regular (read almost daily) basis. And I'm still dropping weight quite nicely. Helps that I get a ton of exercise so my calorie allowance is quite generous. Don;'t worry too much about "bad foods" there are worse things you could be eating than a burger. Just stay within the number that MFP gives you. :)

• MamiGoals
    Options
    Did you enjoy eating it?

I did :neutral: