High Protein, Low fat for a Hottie summer bod!

Options
Hey guys,

Anyone got any good meal, snack ideas for keeping my protein level HIGH and fats low. My goal is to eat 180g of protein a day and only 40g of fat - the STRUGGLE Is real! I'm on 2 protein shakes a day and don't really want to be doing anymore than that - ideas are welcome :-)

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    180g seems very high. I'm a tall competitive bodybuilder and I don't even eat that much.
  • RebeccaChemmy
    RebeccaChemmy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been averaging at 150g protein and less than 40g fat per day without protein shakes at all. Usually have like 2 chicken breasts a day, egg whites, etc.

I want to up my fat though so I may not be the best person for advice. I'm also very same-y. I just eat the same things nearly all the time. :p
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Interested in your reasoning for keeping fats low, and why you feel you need so much protein? That's enough protein for a lean 200lb body builder.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    180 grams of protein seems excessive. I'm a 190 Lb male and I don't eat that much.

At any-rate...lots of chicken and tuna.
  • twojustins
    twojustins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1g of protein for every lb of bodyweight is what I try for... However, the beef jerky I'm currently partaking in has 1g of fat to every 13g of protein.

Also see above. Chicken & tuna (packed in water, not oil).

• jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You can't get a "Hottie summer bod" by over eating protein. Low fat is misguided as well. Stick with a balanced diet and exercise.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Why do you think that eating more protein will help you look leaner?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Why do you think that eating more protein will help you look leaner?

And why will low fat help?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I think some people think eating fat makes them fat, and eating copious amounts of protein magically turns fat into muscle...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jddnw wrote: »
    You can't get a "Hottie summer bod" by over eating protein. Low fat is misguided as well. Stick with a balanced diet and exercise.

Agreed
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I think some people think eating fat makes them fat, and eating copious amounts of protein magically turns fat into muscle...

I'm having Susan Powter STOP THE INSANITY nightmares now! Wasn't that her thing?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

I wish!