I fought Wendy's... and won!

Options
kerikitkat
kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Wendy's. That's how I got through college - baked potatoes, junior bacon cheeseburgers, crispy chicken sandwiches, fries dipped in chocolate frosties... mmmmmm.

Today my office mates decide they really want Wendy's and I agreed to go pick it up. They ordered all my favorites, lots of fries, chicken nuggets, cheesy potatoes, everything! :noway:

I thought I was going to FAIL miserably, but at the window I ordered a small chili and a crispy chicken sandwich with no bun.

:happy: Only 400 calories, very tasty, and I'm full! No fail for me today!

Replies

• kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Wendy's. That's how I got through college - baked potatoes, junior bacon cheeseburgers, crispy chicken sandwiches, fries dipped in chocolate frosties... mmmmmm.

Today my office mates decide they really want Wendy's and I agreed to go pick it up. They ordered all my favorites, lots of fries, chicken nuggets, cheesy potatoes, everything! :noway:

I thought I was going to FAIL miserably, but at the window I ordered a small chili and a crispy chicken sandwich with no bun.

:happy: Only 400 calories, very tasty, and I'm full! No fail for me today!
  • thirteen_geisha
    Options
    Awesome job!!!

:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I roll, except with the grilled chicken sandwich with no sauce.

My nutritionist recommended the small chili+ ultimate chicken grill....love wendy's!
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Thats awesome!! :drinker:

I hope I can have the same discipline as you when I go back to California and visit this upcoming week. I loove In-N-Out Burger and we don't have 'em in Oklahoma. I think I'm going to order my burger "protein style"--wrapped in a lettuce leaf rather than on a bun..its only 240 cals.!
  • melissa1176
    melissa1176 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have a habit of going to the website of fast food places before going there, then I know upfront what to order and the calories, often time sites offer meal suggestions and have the calories figured out for you!
    Good job!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of going to the website of fast food places before going there, then I know upfront what to order and the calories, often time sites offer meal suggestions and have the calories figured out for you!
    Good job!

I do that, but get so depressed about the food that I just don't go at all. HAHA!
    Congrats though, I am not sure our Wendy's is so friendly about special orders...I should try it sometime.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    wendy's is one of my faves! congrats on making healthy choices. they are one of the few fast food places that actually does have healthy choices. their salads are really good. good job!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yeah, GREAT JOB!!! I also love Wendy's!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed! Congratulations on making good choices. :flowerforyou: WOW! Seriously, I'm very impressed. I couldn't have done it. :noway: Good job.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You have strong will power girl! Good work! And I bet it was delish just as it was...
    :tongue:
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Good job!

This I s a great idea!! A few weeks ago I went with coworkers to TGIF and I did check out the menu online prior to going and it helped so much. Also, unbelievable the calories in so much of the food and appetizers. Really makes you think very carefully about what you are going to put in your mouth.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Flipping heck! Well done :-)
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Have you also noticed that your Wendys cost is lower these days as well?

Personally, I love ordering the Spicy Chicken Go Wrap and a cup of ice water. (340 calories/17 Protein)
    Back on the road for about $2.00 for lunch. :)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Man, I went to Wendys for the first time in 10 years a couple months ago, I ordered 3 JR Bacon Cheeseburgers, a staple to my diet when I was in my 20's. and I damned near had to take out a loan to pay for it. What happened to their dollar menu.

And what happended to their fries, they actually left the dirty stuff of the potato on the fry.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's a good idea to have a plan before you get a good whiff of fries. Wendy's has great salad options, very filling. A half salad I find is plenty for a meal.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Thats a win!!!1 I never really ate much at Wendys... I went for the Frosty and would get a burger to go with it LoL! But my new favorite thing is the small chili with a baked potato. They really do have some good options when trying to look out on what to eat I have to say!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...Wendy's. I've loved their chicken nuggets since I was a kid. The only things I order from Wendy's are the nuggets or the Bacon Portabella Melt when it's available along with fries and a Frosty.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!