Mix drink ideas

Options
i used to drink captain Morgan with either cherry coke or Mountain Dew but I like to avoid drinking a ton of calories now. I hate the taste of diet soda but have no idea what might be a lower calorie option to mix with captain morgan. Any ideas!?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Whiskey and beer. mmmmmmmmmmm
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Here is another option. Buy Kraken rum and drink it straight over ice. That is so smooth and so tasty. You won't believe me til you try it lol!!!
  • gothchiq
    Options
    Or, Jameson or Bushmill's or Tullamore Dew whiskey over ice. <3
  • chelsmaee7
    chelsmaee7 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Together!?!? Never! lol I like beer on its own but I'm not a huge fan of whiskey. I tried that 55 calorie beer though and I think I got more sober than if I drank nothing at all :D
  • ncboiler89
    edited May 2015
    Options
    chelsmaee7 wrote: »
    I tried that 55 calorie beer though and I think I got more sober than if I drank nothing at all :D

lol
  • chelsmaee7
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Here is another option. Buy Kraken rum and drink it straight over ice. That is so smooth and so tasty. You won't believe me til you try it lol!!!

I can't drink anything straight like that lol I usually drink for many hours when I do decide to drink so I could only see drinking something straight going VERY bad!
  • gothchiq
    Options
    Oh dear. so... hummm.... how about diet drinks that are not sodas, such as flavors of Crystal Light?
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    vodka cranberry with lime. my FAV
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I just got some white rum and I know there are some good drinks out there. What's the most simple, delicious drink with few ingredients? ;)
  • chelsmaee7
    Options
    Oh dear. so... hummm.... how about diet drinks that are not sodas, such as flavors of Crystal Light?

I like crystal light and mio and things like that. I have a ton of flavors but I just can't figure out what would be good with rum.
  • chelsmaee7
    Options
    I just got some white rum and I know there are some good drinks out there. What's the most simple, delicious drink with few ingredients? ;)

I think white rum might be easier to cover the taste of. If I had white rum I would probably look for a piña colada mio type thing.

I wish I could love vodka.. It mixes so well with so many things
  • ncboiler89
    Options

'specially guns!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I think white rum might be easier to cover the taste of. If I had white rum I would probably look for a piña colada mio type thing.

Do you have the spiced rum? If so I just looked up mixed drinks with spiced rum and the options overwhelmed me!! So many fruity drinks on there that sound delicious.
    http://www.drinksmixer.com/cat/2121/
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Greey Goose and Pineapple Juice, also Cake Vodka and Pineapple Juice taste like pineapple upside down cake
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Greey Goose and Pineapple Juice, also Cake Vodka and Pineapple Juice taste like pineapple upside down cake

First thought this said 'case of vodka' and I was like hail ya. Then I was like....well.....booo.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Release the Kraken! It also costs about as much as Captain (and taste so much better, I can't drink Captain anymore). I'm a fan also of Knob Creek's Smoked Maple Bourbon, I can also drink that straight, it's sweet enough for me.
  • dlevans_59
    dlevans_59 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well....I can tell this is a hot topic. Just cuz we are watching what we eat doesn't mean we still don't love our favorite drink any less!

I am not sure how the calories stack up on this but with your daily food log you should be able to find it easily enough. We started mixing orange juice(fresh squeezed is best) with the Captain. Called it a Spicy Orange. Not sure if that is a real drink or not, but when I tire of a margarita this would be my go to drink. My brother also would use grapefruit juice in there instead of the orange juice if you like it a little tarter. Juice gets a bad rap, but in my book...WAY better than diet soda or regular soda.

Cheers!

Donna
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

Either that or (what a concept) quit drinking alcohol.
  • ncboiler89
    Options

Either that or (what a concept) quit drinking alcohol.

Quit drinking is like plan "Z".
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options

I like white rum with pineapple juice and a dash of coconut essence