Mix drink ideas

Options
13»

Replies

• solikewhatever
    solikewhatever Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    PS....Crystal light has a mojito flavor!!! The orange sunrise goes well with coconut rum!!
  • chelsmaee7
    chelsmaee7 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My snack log is quite embarrassing the number of bud lights logged lol!!!!

It's nice to know that people who have fitness/weight loss goals still drink lol i just couldn't imagine completely cutting it out! I think the only reason I've been successful this time is because I've learned that I don't have to eat only salad :D I'll definitely take a look at the water mixes tomorrow.. I never looked at them as something to mix with alcohol before.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    ephiemarie wrote: »
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    I'm currently a little drunk on vodka

Wanna daince?

The fact that you misspelled dance made me giggle.

It's not misspelled.

Well, then....the answer is a resounding YES!

There's no daince floor :(

Unnecessary when you've mastered the art of chair dancing. Total upper body workout. Burns TONS of cals.

I don't see you daincing.
  • aubiefan122013
    aubiefan122013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My low-calorie faves:

Diet coke & rum
    Brandy straight or with a dash of water
    Gin & Crystal Light
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    I just got some white rum and I know there are some good drinks out there. What's the most simple, delicious drink with few ingredients? ;)

I like white rum with pineapple juice and a dash of coconut essence

This sounds right up my alley. I love anything with coconut and/or pineapple. So.... pina coladas! Right now I'm drinking a mojito I quickly concocted.

Yum I go nutty for mojitos!
    When I can be bothered making them properly they are sooo nice!

As a quick cheat - I found some low calorie mojito flavour - brand is hansells I think only a few cals per serve, you add the rum, a little bit of flavour and top up with soda water for a low cal mixer and its not bad either and doesn't have that awful diet taste. Few fresh mint leaves muddled in for good luck and its a winner!
    I just found the website: hansells.com/ourfoods/browseourrange/HansellsMixers.aspx
    5 cals per glass. I keep meaning to try the cosmopolitan one but haven't got there yet

How did you do yours?
  • lalabrucey
    Options
    Actually this seems like a good time to ask (sorry OP for doing this here) - How does everyone else find the nutritional info of alcohol accurately? I am struggling with this - there are many MFP database entries that conflict...

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    My go-tos: flavored vodka with plain soda water or flavored soda water with plain or flavored vodka. There's even a lower-calorie vodka called skinny girl.

People make fun of me but who cares, I've lost almost 50 lbs and haven't quit drinking.
  • lalabrucey
    Options
    My go-tos: flavored vodka with plain soda water or flavored soda water with plain or flavored vodka. There's even a lower-calorie vodka called skinny girl.

People make fun of me but who cares, I've lost almost 50 lbs and haven't quit drinking.

Thats a good idea - flavoured vodka and soda - will try this! Thanks B)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I just got some white rum and I know there are some good drinks out there. What's the most simple, delicious drink with few ingredients? ;)

This sounds right up my alley. I love anything with coconut and/or pineapple. So.... pina coladas! Right now I'm drinking a mojito I quickly concocted.

As a quick cheat - I found some low calorie mojito flavour - brand is hansells I think only a few cals per serve, you add the rum, a little bit of flavour and top up with soda water for a low cal mixer and its not bad either and doesn't have that awful diet taste. Few fresh mint leaves muddled in for good luck and its a winner!
    I just found the website: hansells.com/ourfoods/browseourrange/HansellsMixers.aspx
    5 cals per glass. I keep meaning to try the cosmopolitan one but haven't got there yet

How did you do yours?
    Thanks for this, I'm gonna check it out. I've just been following this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-real-mojito/. I use a simple syrup instead of just putting the sugar in the glass, because when I do that it doesn't want to fully disolve. I don't have ice in my house, which I'm sure definitely lowers the yumminess factor :( I should get some.
    Actually this seems like a good time to ask (sorry OP for doing this here) - How does everyone else find the nutritional info of alcohol accurately? I am struggling with this - there are many MFP database entries that conflict...
    I don't think my mojito calories are accurate at all! I also need to figure this out!
  • polly1970
    polly1970 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    chelsmaee7 wrote: »

I wish I could love vodka.. It mixes so well with so many things

'specially guns!

Ok, this made me laugh.
  • lalabrucey
    edited May 2015
    Options

How did you do yours?
    Thanks for this, I'm gonna check it out. I've just been following this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-real-mojito/. I use a simple syrup instead of just putting the sugar in the glass, because when I do that it doesn't want to fully disolve. I don't have ice in my house, which I'm sure definitely lowers the yumminess factor :( I should get some.
    I don't think my mojito calories are accurate at all! I also need to figure this out!

Cheers for that. In summer I make a simple mint syrup and let it steep overnight as I found just adding sugar didn't dissolve either and making a syrup I reckon you use less sugar and it increases the mint flavour.

Maybe I'll start a new thread re how to accurately find calories in alcohol as I think others are in the same boat - be great to get some answers. I am quite accurate with everything else and my sometime OCD tendencies struggle with guessing for alcohol haha!

L.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I created one that is refreshing and is only 70 calories. I take fresh basil and mash it up, add 1/2 a pineapple ring, also mashed up. Put it in a tall glass as add a shot of coconut infused vodka and top with diet Sprite. It's perfect on a warm day.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I created one that is refreshing and is only 70 calories. I take fresh basil and mash it up, add 1/2 a pineapple ring, also mashed up. Put it in a tall glass as add a shot of coconut infused vodka and top with diet Sprite. It's perfect on a warm day.
    Correction, I use Sprite Zero.
  • aubiefan122013
    aubiefan122013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

One nice thing about hard liquor is that since a larger part of it is alcohol, there isn't a lot of variation per serving size for the alcohol itself, and then the caloric heft of the drink just depends on what you add to it. I usually use 100-120 calories per 1.5 oz shot as a rule of thumb and then pick zero or very low calorie mixers. I think wine can be a bit more variable (I'm not a beer girl, so don't know there), but the amount of variation for a given type (i.e., table wine vs port) isn't enough to really make a ton of difference in the big picture. I usually estimate 125 or so calories for a 5 ounce glass of wine, just be mindful of what 5 ounces actually looks like.