Heart rate monitor (wrist)

Options
2»

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    <sigh> I'm going to have to write this app myself....
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of Garmin stuff including about 4 chest straps. I bought the Mio link as an alternative for running and I usually end up fighting with it several times a session to the point where I only use it when NOT running (recovery or biking on trainer).

I've played with it being really really tight so no light gets in, to relaxed, same arm as the watch, and it's crazy - will spike to 180 when I'm jogging, then stop reading for a bit, come back, etc. And if it's cold out it seems to get worse.

The chest straps can be wonky in the first 5 mins or so (even wetted) but usually steady out.

Now THIS is what I'm waiting/hoping for (a HR sticker that lasts about a week).

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/01/ampstripthe-sticker-activity.html

• susanlouise
    susanlouise Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    FWIW, I got a Scosche and it clearly is not as accurate as my chest strap. Since I do intervals based on HR, the Scosche wrist monitor just doesn't work for me. I had high hopes! Sure would be nice to have it on the arm.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    So far the Garmin HRM Run chest strap has been working perfectly for me, but I'm only 17 runs in. Ask me again at the end of the summer.
  • RodHudson1229
    RodHudson1229 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    HR wrist is still a new tech and will only get better with time but for now I still choose to use my Garmin Fenix 2 with HRM chest strap.
  • Xrix512
    Xrix512 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Mio Alpha 2 for about two weeks now and am very happy with it. It seems very accurate, though I have not compared it to a chest strap. It is easy to tell what zone you are in with the flashing LED light. Zones are easily programed through the app. It is water resistant to 30 meters - looking forward to trying it on my SUP. It works with Strava.