Really going to do it this time-need some friendly support

Options
Hi, everyone. I'm so excited to have found this place. I am 46 years old and I have been obese or morbidly obese for about 15 years. I've had two kids in that time, but I guess I really have to stop calling it "baby weight", as my youngest is almost twelve. I had success with WW in the past, losing almost 50 lbs, so I know tracking really works for me. I gained about half of that back. I'm 5'9" and on Monday I weighed in at 251. I felt so good when I was down in the 220's even though I was still quite overweight, and I thought "Well, even if I don't lose any more, at least I'll never have to lose those lbs again.". Ha, famous last words. So I started over yesterday on MFP with high hopes. Please feel free to add me, as I could use all the friendship & support I can get. I live in San Antonio, Texas b.t.w.

Replies

• lynnandmichelle
    lynnandmichelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm from conroe, texas. I have a lot of weight to lose. 170 lbs. Biggest problem for me is staying motivated to exercise. This is my second day here. Good luck to you. Keep pushing yourself.
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    A number of years ago I finally quit smoking. It wasn't until I realized that I had to make that decision to quit a million times that I was actually successful. I think it's much like weight loss. We can't just decide once and for all (well, not everyone can, I certainly can't), this is it, I'm gonna lose weight! We have to make that decision a million times until the new habit of healthy eating and healthy fitness sticks. This is my third go-round. I've gained and lost the same 20 pounds. I came back this round at 248, my highest ever. I'm down 18 and already noticing a difference in mood, mobility and clothes! So just know you're not alone! Btw I'm late 30s, female from Nova Scotia, Canada. :)
  • mamabear1114
    mamabear1114 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Would love to help! I am new here also. :)
  • Betsey206
    Betsey206 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm so excited to have found this place. I am 46 years old and I have been obese or morbidly obese for about 15 years. I've had two kids in that time, but I guess I really have to stop calling it "baby weight", as my youngest is almost twelve. I had success with WW in the past, losing almost 50 lbs, so I know tracking really works for me. I gained about half of that back. I'm 5'9" and on Monday I weighed in at 251. I felt so good when I was down in the 220's even though I was still quite overweight, and I thought "Well, even if I don't lose any more, at least I'll never have to lose those lbs again.". Ha, famous last words. So I started over yesterday on MFP with high hopes. Please feel free to add me, as I could use all the friendship & support I can get. I live in San Antonio, Texas b.t.w.
    Hi. I'm from conroe, texas. I have a lot of weight to lose. 170 lbs. Biggest problem for me is staying motivated to exercise. This is my second day here. Good luck to you. Keep pushing yourself.

From Whitney, Ontario Canada. I have 70 lbs to lose. Caregiver to an elderly hubby so I don't get enough proper exercise .... I could find a bunch of excues s I'll stop there. Anyhow I'm here for you.
  • callmebubblesdarling2015
    Options