How often do you weigh yourself ?

Options
2»

Replies

• agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    About every other day. I like being able to keep an eye on the overall picture (even with basic day to day fluctuations). If there's a huge jump I know I'm not being as careful as I should and it gives me a push. I do weigh in first thing in the morning every time though.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks
  • tintinsaab
    tintinsaab Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I decided a few weeks ago, when I went back on my healthy eating plan, to weigh myself everyday as soon as I got up. I was determined to take a more detached attitude and record my weight, up or down, and not be too concerned about it, simply sticking to my eating plan regardless. I lasted a week. I am someone who gets disheartened if I don't see progress and to see the pounds creep up, when I thought I had done OK was too much. I am now weighing myself weekly but trying not to obsess over figures.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    I was part of a group at work that required us to weigh daily and now it is a habit. I am not sure if it is a good one.

depends on you mindset and understanding of natural fluctuations. If you understand that body weight isn't static and thus weight loss isn't going to be linear and that there are going to be fluctuations, it's fine...it's an excellent way to perform trend analysis.
  • jackiebodart
    jackiebodart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do it every Wednesday its my first week and lost 5 lbs
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    on average once a day.. . Sometimes before and after an epic bathroom break.

#IFeelGoalWeightComingOn
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Mondays too. No need for daily weigh ins because its not accurate since your weight fluctuates daily.

The raw data aren't accurate if you weigh daily. But if you take the exponentially smoothed weighted average, you get a very useful number. John Walker explains why and how in the chapter on "Signal and Noise" in The Hacker's Diet (free online book).
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i used to weigh every day, but now i weigh once per week every friday morning.
    that is my feast day where i do not calculate calories, so i know on saturdays and sundays i am probably going to weigh a little more and i don't want to see that. so far, it's working really well.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Constantly. I bought two tracking scales and strapped them to my feet.
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options

+1
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh once a week or once every two weeks. Now I'm trying to get into maintenance, so daily.
  • gpstreet
    gpstreet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    good exercise. Do much do they weigh ?

• Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I weigh every two weeks. I don't see how you all can do it daily I would go crazy :smile:
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    geotrice wrote: »
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    How often do we have these threads?

Every Monday.

Sometimes every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
  • gpstreet
    gpstreet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It has to be daily and always at the same time.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Once a week while adjusting calories, twice month when I know I'm on track.

I tried daily in the past but for me it was messing with my head. I think it's a personal thing for everyone. I have a chart I plot them on to spot overall weight trends, I hate scales with a passion.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    bwogilvie wrote: »
    The raw data aren't accurate if you weigh daily. But if you take the exponentially smoothed weighted average, you get a very useful number. John Walker explains why and how in the chapter on "Signal and Noise" in The Hacker's Diet (free online book).

This post was flagged as spam. I'm curious to know whether the person who flagged it could explain himself or herself. I have no financial interest in John Walker or his book—I don't know him, other than from his website—and it is an on-topic reference. Plus, it's free!