me...Me...ME

fembat75
fembat75 Posts: 57 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I have been using myfitnesspal for a while but only really just ventured into the community to try connect with people. My name is Lisa and I have been on a fitness plan for around a year now. Initially this was to lose weight I had gained since I was diagnosed with Bipolar ten years ago, but I soon found fitness helped my mental health immensely and also worked to boost my dwindling self esteem! I am a work in progress and on my new lifestyle I have found myself to be the most stable I have been in years... I have shrunk from a UK size 20/22 to a UK size 14 in 11 months with help from my personal trainer.

Hello :)

Replies

• MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    That's simply amazing.. great job and perseverance!
  • natalieknyff
    natalieknyff Posts: 3 Member
    Congratulations! Loved reading your success story. You must feel amazing! The journey never ends, keep up the great work.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Great job!!! Keep it up!
  • breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    hello! first of all congrats on finding something that helps your mental health! and another congrats on your weight loss progress! :) I'm also diagnosed with BP and gained most of my weight because of an appetite increase on quetiapine. I've also found health and fitness to be a great way of improving my mental health :) keep up the great work :D
  • fembat75
    MelissaE27 wrote: »
    That's simply amazing.. great job and perseverance!

Thank you! It helps when you fall in love with the process :)
  • fembat75
    Congratulations! Loved reading your success story. You must feel amazing! The journey never ends, keep up the great work.

I feel so much better and my confidence is definitely much better than it was a year ago! Still have a way to go on that score but not helped by seeming to attract a "Meh, she's a 5" on these forums :wink: Not sure what I did to her!
  • fembat75
    Great job!!! Keep it up!

I intend to! I am currently training to be a Certified PT in order to help others who were in a similar situation to myself and are afraid to seek help

• fembat75
    hello! first of all congrats on finding something that helps your mental health! and another congrats on your weight loss progress! :) I'm also diagnosed with BP and gained most of my weight because of an appetite increase on quetiapine. I've also found health and fitness to be a great way of improving my mental health :) keep up the great work :D

Great to meet another BP!! My situation was similar to yours. I gained weight -partly because of the medication and partly because I would turn to eating when in depressive state, of which there seemed to be many. It helps my PT understands my situation.