fitbit and the gym

Options
with my fitbit i get around 12-14000 steps a day without going to the gym so walking to and from work, walking the dog, etc. if i do go to the gym i find im really hungry that my 1lb a week calorie limit isnt enough. does anyone have one if so what do you do focus on steps or gym daily?

Replies

• IncredibleMulk77
    IncredibleMulk77 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I also use a fitbit and go to the gym daily, often twice a day. I get roughly 20-25K steps a day. Make sure when you log exercise that you input the times you were working out (assuming you have your fitbit linked with MFP). When you do this it won't double count your calorie needs and it will correctly increase your daily caloric need in MFP. I rarely consume my total allotted amount of calories while doing this, but I do consume more than what that original number would have been without the added exercise calories. I hope this helps...I've had great success with this.
  • boredfatman
    boredfatman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, when I use the stationary bike at the gym it registers zero steps on the Fitbit. So Fitbit really is only good for any step based activity. Sounds obvious but not everyone gets it!