Where can I find *accurate* nutritional information for alcohol?

Options
lalabrucey
lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
Hi All

How can I find accurate nutritional information for alcohol?

I am struggling with this - there are many MFP database entries that conflict and while NZ has food labelling laws, this doesn't seem to apply to alcohol so I am a wee bit in the dark here.

I am logging everything else accurately but would like to know that I am doing the same for alcohol.

Is there a reputable website or something that lists these - other than member managed diet and fitness sites?

Replies

• wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Google. Just type whatever item followed by the word calories. I just googled "vodka calories" and it shows up, even has a pretty picture, serving options and tons of nutritional info beyond calories. I do this all the time for produce and other "whole food" items with no label. The vodka entry was usda.
  • lalabrucey
    Options
    wolf23 wrote: »

MAGIC! Thank you!!
    I like how it lists the source too, that one is going in the bookmark list
  • lalabrucey
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    Google. Just type whatever item followed by the word calories. I just googled "vodka calories" and it shows up, even has a pretty picture, serving options and tons of nutritional info beyond calories. I do this all the time for produce and other "whole food" items with no label. The vodka entry was usda.

Thanks for this, a really good tip. I see what you mean and another good option. I was pleased to find one of my local beers this way B)