looking for friends that work out with pain

Options

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,004 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and have fibro, chronic fatigue syndrome, hypothyroid , migrai es and ibs, I have lst 115 lbs and have maintained for over a yr, sometimes maintaining is harder then losing, would love to offer support to others, we can do this ladies it might just take us longer, it took me 3yrs to lose the weight
  • Suegeee
    Suegeee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Omg! Finally found the little bell showing comments lol. I wondered why NOBODY commented, but never knew how I would receive them. Well, glad to see some other people. It's so hard....today I did some weed pulling and hurtoso bad! But I've got to do something!
  • Suegeee
    Options
    Themommie-that is phenomenal 115! What are your best tips, with so much pain? I'm at least losing because I'm counting calories
  • rgoins374
    rgoins374 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have had fibro for 40+ years as well as arthritis everywhere. I had a full spinal fusion (T5 - S1) because of scoliosis almost 2 years ago and have issues with muscles adjusting to the straightening of my spine. I am just now able to walk any length of time and look forward to getting this weight off.

• princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think I found all the fibro people in one place (I've been searcing for you for the past 3 weeks!) I was also recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Last Rx made me GAIN weight so currently not taking anything for pain. Now I'm here, exercising when I feel well enough to do it.

I'm going to add a bunch of you - hope that's ok!
  • yeahwhutevr
    yeahwhutevr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you have any doubt that your aspirin/ibuprofen is working? stop taking it for about 4 days....wow, lesson learned!!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    That would be me. I'm arthritic and have a bunch of other random crap to deal with as well.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    If you have any doubt that your aspirin/ibuprofen is working? stop taking it for about 4 days....wow, lesson learned!!

I wish that stuff worked for me. I take naproxen 500s. And even that doesn't help.
  • thomakg
    thomakg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from osteoarthritis and am on a wait list for lumbar fusion. I'm on tramadol, pregabalin and an anti inflammatory. Sometimes even walking is to painful. One thing that does not seem to hurt is snorkeling. With no arm movement. So I get where you are coming from. Add me!
  • olweenis
    olweenis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ollie, I'm 28 and have Stickler Syndrome a connective tissue disorder. I have Arthritis and Hypermobility syndrome which is common with Sticklers. I suffer with pain in my hands, wrists, hips, lower back, knees and ankles and am on daily anti-inflamatories and painkillers and now need to go from fulltime to partime at my job to decrease the stress on my joints. I've recently began excercising again for the first time in a year and have already lost 10lbs and need to lose 20lbs more. Feel free to add me :smiley:
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have fibromyalgia and chronic migraines, as well as carpal tunnel and arthritis in my knees. I've lost about 80 pounds total so far, mostly through walking and diet. Although I did try some weight lifting. I take two medications for the migraines and recently started something to treat the ulcers I've developed from all the ibuprofen I've been taking for pain. Oops. Please feel free to add me anyone. I am interested in learning better ways to deal with the pain and mutual support is great!
  • rgoins374
    Options
    I went to the dr about the pain in my right ring finger on Thursday. I was concerned because I couldn't straighten the finger. While I was waiting, a trigger point in my neck caused a major muscle spasm in my back. Long story short, I ended up with injections in the neck and finger. Everyone knows what that means; eat everything in sight. The up side is the steroid helps pain all over my body and I can straighten my finger.

I am going to really have to watch the calories this week.

• rgoins374
    Options
    I know a lot of us with chronic pain also suffer from chronic fatigue. I found this article on Yahoo news this morning. It's interesting that so many people suffer from the Vit D deficiency. I take 10,000 iu twice a day and on my last blood work, it was just in the normal range.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/4-natural-ways-to-fight-chronic-fatigue-116937862548.html
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I am finding my pain can be managed with DoTerra oils. One is called a morphine bomb. It has frankincense, oregano, and lemongrass oils I it along with the coconut oil carrier. I rub it on as much as I want. No chance if overdosing on it
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have mobility issues and pain due to sinus tarsai syndrome. Basically, that means no standing exercises.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I live in chronic pain. My knees are pretty bad. Arthritis, Alot of neck/face pain due to many TMJ surgeries, reactions to recalled implants that caused some auto-immune problems. The list goes on. I'd like to support and get support from others in chronic pain. Please add me.
  • Suegeee
    Options
    Hey everyone. I've hit a plateau and am only comfortable on the couch, so haven't been losing. Could use more people for a "team" of support, and to see you lose to give me encouragement :). I just requested friendships, but kind of lost track, so if you didn't get one and would like to be friends here, send me a request!
  • rgoins374
    Options
    I am finding my pain can be managed with DoTerra oils. One is called a morphine bomb. It has frankincense, oregano, and lemongrass oils I it along with the coconut oil carrier. I rub it on as much as I want. No chance if overdosing on it

I use patchouli and white fir in fractionated coconut oil. I smell like an old hippie. Lol
  • rgoins374
    Options
    Suegeee wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I've hit a plateau and am only comfortable on the couch, so haven't been losing. Could use more people for a "team" of support, and to see you lose to give me encouragement :). I just requested friendships, but kind of lost track, so if you didn't get one and would like to be friends here, send me a request!

I know what you mean about the couch. I was there most of the time for the past 2 years. I am slowly making my way back.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    rgoins374 wrote: »

I use patchouli and white fir in fractionated coconut oil. I smell like an old hippie. Lol

I have discovered the hard way I am allergic to the white fir. It makes my hip muscles so tight I can't walk. I have tried 4 different times to use white fir but within 3 days I have the same issues every time. So needless to say I have a bottle of it that I can't use.