eye contact

Options
here's a game to see what kind of community you live in....your walking down your street, someone is coming towards you, do you say hello, cross to the other side of the street, or just look at the ground?

i would say hello and throw in a wave....

Replies

• JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    say hello or at least throw them a smile.:happy:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    hey I am from TX-- gonna eye ball 'em wave say howdy and probably give 'em a big ole hug after we stopped and chatted for a few.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    hey I am from TX-- gonna eye ball 'em wave say howdy and probably give 'em a big ole hug after we stopped and chatted for a few.

Love it! I'm from Alabama, so I'd do the same. :)
  • stereodrive
    Options
    Keep on looking ahead. No one says hi to anyone in my neighbourhood and city.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Say hello and smile
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Smile and say hi, do it on a daily. I live in a very friendly community in Southern California!
  • adholcomb
    adholcomb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am going to look them straight in the eye and say Hello. :0) Hello!!!
  • prettypain
    prettypain Posts: 90
    Options
    Nakedbeats...thats too bad, can i ask where?
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    No one is very friendly around here. I probably would look down or if the person was looking up I would smile.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I'm from a friendly area so I'd smile and maybe say hi.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    To be honest, I probably wouldn't of noticed and walk straight past them! lol I even had a friend coming towards me on the street once and I didn't even notice. This happens quite a bit. I think I may need new glasses.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Depends. In my immediate neighborhood, we all say hi and possibly chat for a minute. Further into the big city, it would be stupid and annoying to say hi to the 2,000 people I walk past... so I just look ahead and get my "zone out" face on.

My dog is a conversation starter, though, so I find it hard to go anywhere without talking to folks... even if I'm stopped at a red light!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Where I am from, we say hello and then start making out. Canada is super friendly.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Where I am from, we say hello and then start making out. Canada is super friendly.

that does it, I'm moving to Canada! :smooched:

here in so Cal deserts, we say hello and check for heat exhaustion :laugh:
  • FitFrenchGirl
    FitFrenchGirl Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm always smiling no matter what Is going on.....it gets me in alot of trouble...

I would probably smile and say hello :)
  • FitFrenchGirl
    FitFrenchGirl Posts: 177
    Options

that does it, I'm moving to Canada! :smooched:

here in so Cal deserts, we say hello and check for heat exhaustion :laugh:

ditto I need to go were the nice People are!!! geez if people in Washington Dont have there morning coffee they are rude and cant drive lol
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I live in the burbs of NYC and in my town, I would say hello. If it's the AM, I would say "good morning". I would also make eye contact with them.

Michelle
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options

I will join bus trip with everyone else to move to Canada!!! hahahahaha

Around here.... If someone is walking towards me its a Big Smile, a Hello, then they want to pet my dog lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well if I am out for a walk or jog I will usually have headphones on so it will be a smile and a nod if I make eye contact, maybe mouth a hi to them. If I am in a hurry I usually just keep looking forward and ignore everyone around me as my mind is going a mile a minute and I am in my own little world. I am not one to stop and talk to people I don't know.
  • kumarprabhat
    kumarprabhat Posts: 116
    Options
    Hello and smile ...which means nothing at all?...how many times do we do it sincerely, hoping to talk and get to know the person better? I feel mostly people do this because we think it is nice thing to do, and to while those moments away till the person crosses by. For all one knows, that person would be feeling the same....

Not that I like this...but I guess it is one of the blessings of the modern day life... :grumble: