What are you losing weight for?

Options
Hi im Jacinta, 30 years old and I was 219 pounds 2 weeks and 3 days ago now I am 201. I'm losing weight because everyone in my family is close to 300 lbs and I see a sexier me. I speed walk 4 times a week and cleanse 2 times a week, and eat more protein then anything before it was only fast food. Now your story!

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    iam losing weight so i can feel comfortable in my skin.I hate to have to keep worry about where to tuck a fat roll here and there to hide it hehe, also for my fitness so i can be able to do more in exercise and become more stronger. i was always healthy weight pretty much but still did not like where i was. my weight before which was 152 lbs now 115 lbs.. feel so much better overal minus> - 35 lbs :)
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Because I deserve it and I am worth the effort.
  • Ms_LisaKay
    Ms_LisaKay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight to help motivate my husband to do so as well. He was diagnosed with diabetes in Dec 2014, and we decided as a couple to get our weight under control. By now, I do my exercise for -me-, though, as I do food logging. He likes cardio machines, I like free weights & yoga. He will not use MFP, I find it crucial to my success for a variety of reasons. I do the cooking & plating/portioning for family supper, though, so I can directly impact his consumption at least that often.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    For health and vanity.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I can't get past the cleanse thing. Can you explain why you cleanse and what you are cleansing? Because cleansing isn't needed. You can lose weight without doing any cleansing for sure.
    Anyway, I lost weight because I hated being heavy.
  • jjmorse1985
    jjmorse1985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You
    iam losing weight so i can feel comfortable in my skin.I hate to have to keep worry about where to tuck a fat roll here and there to hide it hehe, also for my fitness so i can be able to do more in exercise and become more stronger. i was always healthy weight pretty much but still did not like where i was. my weight before which was 152 lbs now 115 lbs.. feel so much better overal minus> - 35 lbs :)

You are 115 now?
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I can't get past the cleanse thing. Can you explain why you cleanse and what you are cleansing? Because cleansing isn't needed. You can lose weight without doing any cleansing for sure.
    Anyway, I lost weight because I hated being heavy.

I did this because I wasn't going to the rest room regularly and my body was trapping all the fast food and toxins inside, one I did the first cleanse I felt great. .
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Health. Living a fuller life.
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    Ms_LisaKay wrote: »
    I am losing weight to help motivate my husband to do so as well. He was diagnosed with diabetes in Dec 2014, and we decided as a couple to get our weight under control. By now, I do my exercise for -me-, though, as I do food logging. He likes cardio machines, I like free weights & yoga. He will not use MFP, I find it crucial to my success for a variety of reasons. I do the cooking & plating/portioning for family supper, though, so I can directly impact his consumption at least that often.

My husband father dead from diabetes and my husband refuses to eat healthy maybe I can share your story with him. Thanks
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    For health and vanity.

That's great
  • Cacophony1
    Cacophony1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Health
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Vanity. I want to look good for as long as possible. I also want to be strong, so I can protect myself from people who may try to take advantage of me because of my height.
  • lian27chime
    lian27chime Posts: 50 Member
    Options

wow, same reasons and almost same weight now, you are just 1 lb down than me. I started worrying about my weight when I reached 125 lbs and clothes getting tighter, then determined to loose pounds till I reach my pre pregnancy weight of 100 lbs that I have never been back to that weight for almost 4 years now. I started at 125 lbs on 1st of April 2015 and so far down to 116 lbs today. ☺☺☺

• ninjagatan
    ninjagatan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cause my wife left me, so I want to look good and be as healthy and happy as possible as I move on. So I guess...revenge? Lol
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    Go get your revenge but be careful lol
  • Katsmith17
    Katsmith17 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    To get healthy. Clothes weren't fitting, never wanted to go anywhere, hurt to get up from a chair or walk. Many reasons. Had to be when I was ready, not when well-meaning friends and family thought so.
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    Me too I cry looking in the mirror
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Because I'm fat, and I want to be not fat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    A healthy life.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

wow, same reasons and almost same weight now, you are just 1 lb down than me. I started worrying about my weight when I reached 125 lbs and clothes getting tighter, then determined to loose pounds till I reach my pre pregnancy weight of 100 lbs that I have never been back to that weight for almost 4 years now. I started at 125 lbs on 1st of April 2015 and so far down to 116 lbs today. ☺☺☺
    my goal weight might be possibly the same as urs as well ^^ iam just not able to pin point my decision yet , i wanted to stop at 115 which iam at now but i see theres still some work that need to be done iam thinking between 100-105