could use some friendly motivation

Options
Hi im a 25 year old woman mother of 2 babies...just needing some postive advice and feedback as well as some motivation to continue my journey any tips and insight will be appreciated

Replies

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Hi
    How are you finding things so far? Is there anything in particular you need help with? If you are logging and loosing weigh as you'd like I'd just say keep on doing what you're doing!

Oh, and welcome to the forums! There's lots of good advice to be had by reading other peoples questions.
  • _chunkadunk
    _chunkadunk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well i have the tracking calories down and the tracking my exercise. Im not trying to lose a lot just to be more comfortable. So 20-30 pounds is my goal...but...i wanna lose that by late july early aug. So any advice on what to eat not eat...those things i dont know much and what...and what exercises are better ..etc etc
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just eat less calories than you burn, what you eat doesn't matter. Also, you don't need to exercise if you don't want to, but if you want to go ahead and burn some extra calories from exercising I suppose any kind of cardio is the way to go.
    Also, I think your goal isn't very realistic. That is ~2.2-2.5 pounds per week (if I counted it right :tongue: ). How much do you weigh currently?
  • Thanasi99
    Thanasi99 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd say that accomplishing your goal by Late August is very likely as long as you stick to it.

TIPS
    -Stick strictly to water.
    -Watch your sodium. If you eat too much, it can mask weight loss through water retention.
    -Walking is an easy way to burn some extra calories without stressing yourself too much.
    -Swimming and Cycling burn TONS of calories.
    -Allow yourself to eat your favorite treats every once in a while. (Compensate with exercise).

You can do it!
  • _chunkadunk
    Options
    Allelito wrote: »
    Just eat less calories than you burn, what you eat doesn't matter. Also, you don't need to exercise if you don't want to, but if you want to go ahead and burn some extra calories from exercising I suppose any kind of cardio is the way to go.
    Also, I think your goal isn't very realistic. That is ~2.2-2.5 pounds per week (if I counted it right :tongue: ). How much do you weigh currently?

i dont understand why i wouldnt need to exercise...and my calorie intake is 1600 a day which this site said that with exercise will give me about 2 pounds off a week. I lost 3 this week so i think im doing something right lol. I started at 202 im at 199

• _chunkadunk
    Options
    Thanasi99 wrote: »
    I'd say that accomplishing your goal by Late August is very likely as long as you stick to it.

TIPS
    -Stick strictly to water.
    -Watch your sodium. If you eat too much, it can mask weight loss through water retention.
    -Walking is an easy way to burn some extra calories without stressing yourself too much.
    -Swimming and Cycling burn TONS of calories.
    -Allow yourself to eat your favorite treats every once in a while. (Compensate with exercise).

You can do it!

Drinking water is hard lol. Im trying though. I onky drank one can of soda in 3 or 4 days so not bad for myself. i work out 6x a week for an hour to an hour and a half...thhanks for the encouragement. :)